Coastal Kitchen vs. Specialty Dining?

We are departing on Oasis on a 4-night cruise out of Miami in just SIX DAYS, and I am sooo excited!

We found out today that we won our Royal Up bid and will be staying in a one-bedroom Grand Suite, so we get to go to Coastal Kitchen! 🥳

We had originally booked 150 Central Park for our specialty dining night. But I read some reviews that CK is the best restaurant on board. And since we have such a short cruise, I want to get hopefully more than once to try out CK.

So would you cancel 150CP to go to CK an extra night? 

Edited to add: this is our first time cruising on Oasis (or any Oasis class ship), first time in a suite, and first time doing any specialty dining.

Think it comes down to if 150 Central Park is your style of cuisine. It might be worth a shot to give 150 a try, some people love it while others hate it. Remember 150 is an exclusive to Oasis class.

My thought would be looking over the Coastal Kitchen menus in the Royal app and seeing if one of the nights doesn't "look good". If you come across one, look at booking that night for 150. Otherwise take advantage and book Coastal Kitchen for all the nights.

For us, it depends on the ship. We thought the CK on Anthem was fantastic but found the Oasis CK was a bit too big/busy for our taste. But the view on Oasis is pretty darn good. I agree with the others, mix it up but definitely ask the concierge to make your reservations when you get the email, whether CK or specialty. Just to add, Hibachi at Izumi is our favorite regardless of ship. 

Definitely do CK on the first night. That's filet night, and CK has the best filet bar none. That's also the only night you'll find the smoked tomato soup, which is amazing.

If you only have 150 CP for one night and it's something you were looking forward to, I'd say to still do it. Worst case, it doesn't measure up to CK but it's still a very good / enjoyable meal. Just don't go there on night 1, you really don't want to miss that filet.

Love the CK on Oasis. Also love 150 (caesar, veal medallions...fried cheesecake balls). I think all of the specialty restaurants aboard are great and CK is one of the best! Primarily because their menu is so diversified. It has specials which change daily along with the regular offerings. As mentioned above...go on the app and you can scroll through the daily menus. And I agree...I REALLY love the smoked tomato soup! Especially how they pour the hot broth over the tomatoes!