Premium coffee?

"Regular" coffee means basically just that--plain ol' coffee that you can add some cream and sugar to. You don't need a drink package of any kind to get that for free. 

"Premium" coffee is exactly what you mentioned--lattes, cappuccinos, espressos, iced coffee, etc. Usually served at a specialty coffee bar somewhere. 

The one caveat on the refreshment package is that it cannot be used at the standalone Starbucks kiosks on Oasis-class ships. 

Depending on the ship there is a coffee shop called Cafe Promenade or Cafe-Latitudes, they have americanos, expressos, lattes, etc  (very similar to Starbucks).  they serve either Starbucks coffee or Seattle's Best.  INMO the coffee served in the dining room and buffet is mediocre to poor at best.  Like has been said if the Ship has a stand alone Starbucks that is not included.

Cafe promenade is my go to location.  Get to know the baristas and your dink will hit the counter before you finish the order! Flavor selections are kinda limited, especially on the sugar free side, but they will make anything you want.  This even includes the blended coffee drinks.  

9 minutes ago, cruisellama said:

There is also a coffer beverage card you can purchase that gives you some savings. Look in the cruise planner and see if it makes sense for you. ( It doesn't apply to Starbucks.)

The coffee beverage card is usually $30 and allows for 15 beverages ($2 each) no matter what you order.  If you do not use the entire card on your sailing, you can bring it on another sailing as well.  This is not valid at Starbucks as mentioned before.  You can use it for an after dinner espresso beverage in MDR.

21 minutes ago, HawkeyeSarah said:

If you use the Starbucks, does that get charged to your SeaPass or can you pay with your Starbucks app? I have a lot of gift cards! 

You can charge it to your SeaPass or you can use your Starbucks app. You will earn stars on your purchases but you can not redeem stars on the ships.

21 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

You can charge it to your SeaPass or you can use your Starbucks app. You will earn stars on your purchases but you can not redeem stars on the ships.

That is awesome to know! I like coffee that doesn't taste like coffee, so the brand is kinda agnostic for me. BUT...I do like my stars 🙂 

• 1 year later...