San Juan Transportation

Decided to look in my Lyft app to see an approximate cost for transportation to the hotel and learned that Lyft (or any rideshare) is not available in San Juan.  I see on the SJU website that you can schedule a transfer, but it is far more expensive than a taxi.  I also see that there are multiple taxi companies available and wondered if anyone has one that they would recommend.  We're staying at the Sheraton in Old San Juan and will be calling them for a recommendation  as well.  Thanks!

1 hour ago, Reigert2008 said:

Do the taxis accept credit cards?  We don't normally carry too much cash, so may need to adjust our plans on that side.  Found this on the airport site.  Looks like it is $21 to Zone 4 (where the port / Sheraton is located)

https://www.san-juan-airport.com/taxi.php

Thanks!

Bring 2 $20s and 2 $5s, you've got your taxi fare+tip for both trips

8 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Bring 2 $20s and 2 $5s, you've got your taxi fare+tip for both trips

That's funny.  I was just thinking I needed 2 x $20's, 2 x $10's, and 2 x $5's ($35 each way) to account for an added fuel fee of $1.50 and $1 per bag that I read about on some other page, that I cannot find now.

Thanks!