For those who have been in Nassau port recently….

Blondie511

Cruising very soon to Nassau.  When in port, we are thinking of just shopping, getting a local bite to eat, and walking to Junkanoo Beach.  If we go indoors in Nassau, does anyone require proof of vaccination?  Do I have to wear a mask inside or outside?  I have seen conflicting  information on the internet, so I thought I could find out here????

We decided to do a once around of the port area about 3 weeks ago (things may have changed).

We did not get asked for cards anywhere but were warned that we should bring the vax cards in case we were asked.

We did get asked to put on masks everywhere we tried to go in.

Probably about 75% of restaurants/bars/stores in the port area were closed and those that were open were very desperate/aggressive, we beat a hasty retreat back to the pool deck on Mariner.

5 hours ago, jticarruthers said:

We decided to do a once around of the port area about 3 weeks ago (things may have changed).

We did not get asked for cards anywhere but were warned that we should bring the vax cards in case we were asked.

We did get asked to put on masks everywhere we tried to go in.

Probably about 75% of restaurants/bars/stores in the port area were closed and those that were open were very desperate/aggressive, we beat a hasty retreat back to the pool deck on Mariner.

This matches my experience when I was there about two weeks ago. I asked some local police if I should wear a mask outdoors, and they said yes. A vast majority of people I saw (locals and tourists alike) were wearing masks outdoors. It was sad to see all the closed shops, but talking to a couple locals, they think things will bounce back in the next couple years.

22 hours ago, Blondie511 said:

Cruising very soon to Nassau.  When in port, we are thinking of just shopping, getting a local bite to eat, and walking to Junkanoo Beach.  If we go indoors in Nassau, does anyone require proof of vaccination?  Do I have to wear a mask inside or outside?  I have seen conflicting  information on the internet, so I thought I could find out here????

We were there 2 weeks ago. Take a photo of the cards and you’re fine. 

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, BrianB said:

I think they changed the policy. This is today in Nassau and it's the port's sign, not a ship's. However I didn't venture into any stores to check.

20211202_124947.jpg

I was in Nassau November 17th. We were told before leaving the ship to have a picture of the vaccination cards on our phones.

In Nassau, no one asked us for vaccine proof.  But we only visited souvenir shops, not restaurants or bars

When I went on our Sailing and Snorkel shore excursion in Nassau on Wednesday December 1, we were told we should wear our masks on the pier, and pretty much everyone was, including many of the construction workers.  Once on board the catamaran, we took them off.  When we got back, again, pretty much everyone on the pier was wearing them.  When we went “outside” the pier area, I’d say 80% of people (locals and tourists) were wearing them on the street.  The local people we encountered were friendly, and although a few shopkeepers tried to push their samples, a polite “No Thank You” worked well for us.  We went into two shops (cafe/liquor store and another liquor/souvenir shop) and while both had signs requiring masks, neither asked for proof of vaccination.

We just returned from a B2B during Thanksgiving that included 2 stops in Nassau.  Some shops were open mostly the souvenirs, small restaurants, small bars and the liquor store was open.  We wore our masks at all times as we walked the town near the ship. There was a very small straw market that was up and down a street not in a building.  People were very friendly and appeared to be really glad we were there.  We walked to the John Whaling Distillery then walked back toward the ship to the Graycliff Hotel and had lunch at their very nice (expensive) restaurant.  They required to see our vaccination cards before we were allowed in the restaurant.   It was such a wonderful old hotel.  Food was very tasty and the service was excellent.     The second stop the next week we walked to the Colonial Hilton for a day pass to enjoy the beach.  Had a wonderful time there.  It is an older historic hotel and again the people were so friendly.  We ate lunch there and had some amazing drinks.  We kept referring to those drinks all week during our cruise wishing we could go back to have another pina colada.  I know the Colonial Hilton gets some bad reviews but we had a pleasant time and would go back again.  It is older and you know that going in but the beach was clean, they had shaded palapas area and a pool.  Everything for a relaxing beach day.  The plus is you just walk there and then walk back to the ship when you are done for the day.