Cruise Tour Time Line

Chris Ketcham

My wife and I have booked the 12 night fjord and tundra cruise tour for July 2022. We are not interested in going to the museum in Anchorage so we have decided to rent a car and travel to Whittier to go jet skiing instead. We have searched everywhere and even called Royal Caribbean to get a timeline as to when the charter bus will leave anchorage for Seward in hopes that we can travel to Whittier to jet ski and have enough time to return to Anchorage before the royal Caribbean charter bus leaves for Seward. Does anyone know if ,or when, you find out the timeline for the land portion of a cruise tour. Thank you in advance.

2 hours ago, Chris Ketcham said:

Does anyone know if ,or when, you find out the timeline for the land portion of a cruise tour.

Usually you do not find out until the first day of the tour. We skipped out on the museum as well but we opted to do this to instead take the train to Seward. One in our party wanted to do the museum still, so he took the charter bus option.

@CGTLH do you have any more info about the timeline that you can recall?

5 hours ago, Chris Ketcham said:

Does anyone know if ,or when, you find out the timeline for the land portion of a cruise tour.

3 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

@CGTLH do you have any more info about the timeline that you can recall?

From what I recall we didn't get any information about the landtour timeline until either we were on the bus heading to the hotel or at the hotel when getting the welcome speech.

This was the last page of the guide. Shows leaving Anchorage for Seward at 2PM. Keep in mind this was from 2014, I'm sure things might have changed a touch.

20180319195845-1d93e5d5-me.jpg