Miami Hotels?

deep1

Usually I don't do hotels... I live an hour and a half away. My group is running late and Miami half the airfare of Palm Beach (where I live). So I start looking at hotels near the port. I see prices listed (on google search). Then when I click on hotel the price pretty well doubles... Are they all like that? I want easy shot into port from where we stay.... YVE even went from $111 to $239...

Not sure what type of hotel you want…low key vs high end.  What date do you need?  I checked the hotel I am staying in next week on Tuesday night just to see if the price dropped.  I am paying $151.  Price right now is $175.  This is for the Holiday Inn Port Miami Downtown.  It is very close to the port and pretty decent reviews.  But that’s just me…everyone has their own opinions on hotels, etc.

I have an upcoming stay in Miami and I had to book by the airport to get reasonable prices.  I'll have a car and be driving to the port and parking there, so it was more important for me to have free parking at the hotel than anything else, plus there are airport shuttles to the hotel for the rest of my party who are flying in.

9 minutes ago, DunkelBierJay said:

I've used Kayak and Booking.com for getting hotels in SoBe and FLL if I don't use a hotel's site.

Not using their site... Just got smashed with another set of fees almost as much as the advertised price. Taking YVE but getting beat up...

Oh well...  Part of the problem is its a Friday night and we waited a couple days too long to book... Advertised $106 Actual $224 add fees total $286

15 minutes ago, deep1 said:

Not using their site... Just got smashed with another set of fees almost as much as the advertised price. Taking YVE but getting beat up...

Oh well...  Part of the problem is its a Friday night and we waited a couple days too long to book... Advertised $106 Actual $224 add fees total $286

What is YVE? 

2 hours ago, deep1 said:

That price is a good deal compared to what I am paying for it next year. $336.00

When we are in straight cruise mode, we stay near the airport.  It's just the two of us, and the room is simply a place to sleep when arrive the day before we board.  Coming from Maine, we can't seem to avoid LaGuardia and its delays, so we like a short trip from the airport to hotel.

We look at prices online then call the hotel directly to book.  We've found prices to be decent (relatively speaking), especially if you don't mind a Days Inn, Comfort Inn, or similar.

If we get in late, we have food delivered to the room, otherwise I ask someone working at the hotel where to go for a decent, local meal. The port is a relatively quick Lyft ride away unless traffic is horrible.

I think we're staying at the Airport Embassy Suites just east of the airport next month....as I recall, it was under $180ish.  This is kinda a "splurge" for us.  We tend to be cheap frugal.

28 minutes ago, teddy said:

When we are in straight cruise mode, we stay near the airport.  It's just the two of us, and the room is simply a place to sleep when arrive the day before we board.  Coming from Maine, we can't seem to avoid LaGuardia and its delays, so we like a short trip from the airport to hotel.

We look at prices online then call the hotel directly to book.  We've found prices to be decent (relatively speaking), especially if you don't mind a Days Inn, Comfort Inn, or similar.

If we get in late, we have food delivered to the room, otherwise I ask someone working at the hotel where to go for a decent, local meal. The port is a relatively quick Lyft ride away unless traffic is horrible.

I think we're staying at the Airport Embassy Suites just east of the airport next month....as I recall, it was under $180ish.  This is kinda a "splurge" for us.  We tend to be cheap frugal.

Comfort was on the list and they wound up almost as high as what I paid... Oh well its done...

Not gonna get twisted about it... Enough headaches over the last couple years. No need to complicate  leisure time. Fiance' and her daughter can be a little "high end" and rather than hear an earful I just bit th

1 hour ago, bryresangel said:

I feel your pain. We are cruising at the end of March out of Miami. Great price on the cruise, but didn't think about how that is Spring Break season. Plane tickets and hotels are INSANE.

We have another booked at that time and yes there was a premium premium added to everything. We swiched gears and moved our trip to  Anthem out of New Jersey which is Fiance's back yard.... There I still get clobbered with  $30+ a day parking...