Checking In as a Family

PG Cruiser

With all the screening being done at check in, what is the convenient way to do it for a group or family?  Would it be better being done as a group or individually?  The screener has to check four documents - SetSail Pass, Covid test results, Passport, and Vaccination Card. I think it would be better if every person in the party had their own documents in hand rather than just one person holding them all.  The exception would be for small kids, of course.  I think even a grade-school kid can handle presenting their documents to the screener, with some briefing at home.  What do you think?

21 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

Here's how I presented my documents at PortMiami at check-in for Freedom.  I put all the required documents in a rigid document pocket.  It literally took me seconds to go through every screening station.  There were 3-4 of them

What magic is this!?! Seriously though - is there a brand or key word I need to search for? A quick Office Depot search just came up with regular sheet protectors.

10 minutes ago, melmar02 said:

What magic is this!?! Seriously though - is there a brand or key word I need to search for? A quick Office Depot search just came up with regular sheet protectors.

I was just at Office Depot today, looking for the DocuSleeve for my friends. The ones they had there were not rigid enough.

This one I have is called the DocuSleeve from Trainers Warehouse.

https://trainerswarehouse.com/awards-recognition/docu-sleeves-8-5-x-11-clear-plastic-document-protector/

Amazon only sells them in bulk

https://www.amazon.com/Set-25-DocU-Pockets-Omni-Stick-backings/dp/B005OR9HOO/ref=sr_1_36?crid=3S6N4BCS4AVZO&dchild=1&keywords=trainers+warehouse+document+holder&qid=1635359387&sprefix=trainers+warehouse+doc%2Caps%2C119&sr=8-36

maybe a separate but related to question to checking in a family. 

i usually have a rental car when i get to a port. pre-covid, i would drop the family off at the port with the luggage, return the car, and take the shuttle back.  is this still a sound strategy with the check in times (i have 12-1230 if that matters, and this is for a cruise from port canaveral).  are they able to go into the check-in area without me and get everything rolling (namely the pre cruise test for my 10 year old) until i arrive back?

any related details of which i should be aware?

2 hours ago, PG Cruiser said:

Here's how I presented my documents at PortMiami at check-in for Freedom.  I put all the required documents in a rigid document pocket.  It literally took me seconds to go through every screening station.  There were 3-4 of them

image.thumb.png.d6c469f68c3834be68fb4b9331787260.png

That is AWESOME… running off to ask Mr Bezos to send me some sheet protectors…

5 minutes ago, Hince57 said:

maybe a separate but related to question to checking in a family. 

i usually have a rental car when i get to a port. pre-covid, i would drop the family off at the port with the luggage, return the car, and take the shuttle back.  is this still a sound strategy with the check in times (i have 12-1230 if that matters, and this is for a cruise from port canaveral).  are they able to go into the check-in area without me and get everything rolling (namely the pre cruise test for my 10 year old) until i arrive back?

any related details of which i should be aware?

If there is an adult with them and they have all the required documents, I don't see why they would not be able to get things rolling.

Pre-COVID, I was able to check-in separately from someone I was sharing the stateroom with. I don't see anything in their post-covid protocols that has changed that.

3 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Y'all would be appalled at my "fold into 3rds and stick into the inside pocket of my backpack where they get crimped and slightly torn" method.

#itworkedanyway

I did that while checking in for my Allure sailing.  If it were only one checkpoint, I'd be okay with it.  But after four checkpoints in Port Miami, I said to myself, "NEVER AGAIN, PG, NEVER AGAIN".