What Time Online Does Check-In Start?

Check-in usually starts now 30 days prior to the sail date. When exactly it opens up is something for long debates. Sometimes it opens early the evening before and sometimes it starts mid-morning on the 30th day. It is usually when the IT intern decides to push the on button to allow us to enter our long anticipated information.

Our online checking was shown on the Cruise Planner for the 21st and I was able to check-in at 9pm (PST) on the 20th and selected an early Arrival Time. They required the following items for each of the passengers to upload via the app:

• Passport information
  • Face photos
  • Pictures of your vaccine card (we provided both sides)
  • Credit card info

These might only be required if you're new to RC (as we are) and you can opt to provide it at a later time after selecting an arrival time. 

Question on this topic, we are doing our first RCL Cruise in January, and are going in a Grand Suite which IIRC gives us priority boarding. Should we still worry about checking in as early as possible concerning which boarding group we get or because of the perks we are all set? Any other reasons to check in early?

23 hours ago, Jess4214 said:

My online check opened exactly 90 days. I'm on the West Coast so at 9pm my check in time opened up, which would be 12am East coast.

Man, that is cool for those on the West coast, not really fair to those on the East coast. Thank you for sharing this though, I was curious about this. 

51 minutes ago, infosec123 said:

Question on this topic, we are doing our first RCL Cruise in January, and are going in a Grand Suite which IIRC gives us priority boarding. Should we still worry about checking in as early as possible concerning which boarding group we get or because of the perks we are all set? Any other reasons to check in early?

The pre-COVID priority boarding for suite guests has been modified.  Now you will be allowed to check in an hour before and an hour after your selected arrival time.

image.thumb.png.ee013057c90a4cbb960ec903edfac5f7.png

6 hours ago, LoveCruising2021 said:

Man, that is cool for those on the West coast, not really fair to those on the East coast. Thank you for sharing this though, I was curious about this. 

If it makes you feel any better -- we in the West have to wake up at 4:30 a.m. to make a 5:00 a.m Zoom meeting when it's held at 8:00 a.m. on the East Coast . . .

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
12 minutes ago, Marga said:

My cruise is now at 90 days, but no check-in is available. 

Is the 90 days not standard?

If you have the Royal app on your phone you will be able to see the date for your check in.  Just click on "person icon"   👤  and your stateroom info show up and underneath that will be the date for your check in.

On 10/26/2021 at 4:07 PM, CrznTxn said:

Check-in usually starts now 30 days prior to the sail date. When exactly it opens up is something for long debates. Sometimes it opens early the evening before and sometimes it starts mid-morning on the 30th day. It is usually when the IT intern decides to push the on button to allow us to enter our long anticipated information.

Our APP has said for months that Check-in would be available 48 days prior to embarkations day.  We'll we got to 48 days and the App changed to say that Check-in was closed but if you didn't check-in within 90 minutes of sail time you won't be able to board, or words to that effect.  Now, it's being said that Check-in will be at 45 days, not in the App but in my wife's Facebook Roll-Call thread.  So, as usual, information is conflicted.  

Just now looked in the App and it say, "FUN ON THE HORIZON We're still gathering all the cruise fun, check in is not open yet.  Check back closer to your sail date for updates".  Who knows!!!!!!

46 days.jpg

• 2 months later...
11 hours ago, Charlette said:

I can’t do anything. My app says June 7 which is right now but it won’t let me in. Although we are 46 days out… but it says June 7 in the app and it’s 12:30am. 

at times I have had issue logging in on the app to get my check in time....but the website works.  Try the website.  If that is not working either then try again tomorrow.

On 10/27/2021 at 4:32 PM, infosec123 said:

Most cruise terminals have a suite waiting area and an area for other cruisers.  If you are there early when they call for suite boarding you will be able to board with the suite cruisers.  To be in the terminal when they call for suite guest you will need to set your check in time as early as possible.  As a suite guest you do not get priority time for check in.  You will have to fight for that time like everyone else.  Check in and boarding are two separate things.