How far is West End in Roatan from Cruise Dock

roiemike

When going to Roatan how far is West End from where the cruise ship docks.  Do I need to take a taxi?  Is it walkable?  Has anyone gone into West End and if so any suggestions on places to visit.  Finally if going to go on an excursion which one would you recommend in Roatan.  I have my other excursions already picked out for this Western Caribbean Cruise on Allure of the Seas but am struggling with what to do in Roatan.  My wife likes to shop and explore so that is why I was asking about West End.  Thanks for advice.

It is not walkable to West End from the port.  It's probably about a 20 minute cab ride.

If you don't book any excursions through the cruise lines, there are a handful of companies that will go private tours and take you wherever you want to go.

https://www.boddentours.com/ is one of the most well known ones on the island.

We did a private tour that drove us all over the island and we also stopped at the sloth and monkey sanctuary, which was a highlight for me personally.