Wonder OTS to sail from Port Canaveral beginning November 2022

8 minutes ago, AlmondFarmer said:
54 minutes ago, SPS said:

Can an Oasis class ship pass through the Panama Canal? Can it get from Florida to Hong Kong in that amount of time?

No and no.

I suspected that for both questions. Someone at RC has some schedule adjusting to do.

I just had a long chat with a RCCL employee and asked about this.  It's not listed for us but on his side he said it's coming to the US and then it goes to the Mediterranean.  That is where it will stay until it comes back to the states until November of 2022.  Then it's going to sail empty to Hong Kong and there are sailings out of Hong Kong starting in January.

35 minutes ago, SummerRose said:

I just had a long chat with a RCCL employee and asked about this.  It's not listed for us but on his side he said it's coming to the US and then it goes to the Mediterranean.  That is where it will stay until it comes back to the states until November of 2022.  Then it's going to sail empty to Hong Kong and there are sailings out of Hong Kong starting in January.

I’m interested in how long it will take to cruise at 25 mph to Hong Kong from Florida/Caribbean.  

Can’t fit thru Panama Canal! New canal will handle post-Panamax ships of maximum dimensions being: Length 365.8m, Breadth 48.8m.  
Wonder is 

Length (LOA) 362 m / 1188 ft
Beam (width) 64 m / 210 ft

So around Cape Horn. Cape Horn to Hong Kong is 16,000 km (9,600 miles) which is 16 days at 25 mph!

Need to add the sail days from Port Canaveral (after dropping off paying passengers) to Cape Horn. It’s a circuitous route as Brazil sticks out of the Atlantic. That’s a lot of days at sea for the crew. 

1 hour ago, 904Duval said:

I’m interested in how long it will take to cruise at 25 mph to Hong Kong from Florida/Caribbean.  

Can’t fit thru Panama Canal! New canal will handle post-Panamax ships of maximum dimensions being: Length 365.8m, Breadth 48.8m.  
Wonder is 

Length (LOA) 362 m / 1188 ft
Beam (width) 64 m / 210 ft

So around Cape Horn. Cape Horn to Hong Kong is 16,000 km (9,600 miles) which is 16 days at 25 mph!

Need to add the sail days from Port Canaveral (after dropping off paying passengers) to Cape Horn. It’s a circuitous route as Brazil sticks out of the Atlantic. That’s a lot of days at sea for the crew. 

According to our conversation, the November sailings are the last ones here and then it doesn’t sail until January out of HK.  I’m just the messengers though…that’s just what he said to me.

13 hours ago, Chili said:

So it’s going to sail from Florida to Hong Kong empty around Christmas next year.

That seems a waist of fuel and time,I think Royal will be tiring to make every dollar count.

Maybe they’ll cancel the Transatlantic and send it to Hong Kong from Europe?

3 hours ago, ChrisK2793 said:

Maybe they’ll cancel the Transatlantic and send it to Hong Kong from Europe?

I think that would be the case and I doubt it will go to China.

I think RCG will give up on home porting in China because of the political situation.

Singapore and/or Tokyo would be a compromise and the Chinese can get a exit visa.

1 hour ago, Chili said:

I think that would be the case and I doubt it will go to China.

I think RCG will give up on home porting in China because of the political situation.

Singapore and/or Tokyo would be a compromise and the Chinese can get a exit visa.

They won't homeport a ship that large in Japan, at least not for any length of time. Tokyo is too far from anywhere else (other than different Japanese ports) to sustain a viable season there.

6 hours ago, KristiZ said:

They won't homeport a ship that large in Japan, at least not for any length of time. Tokyo is too far from anywhere else (other than different Japanese ports) to sustain a viable season there.

Yes there’s not much for a oasis class to be home ported in Japan but it would be nice for something smaller.

For Wonder it keeps coming back to Singapore and Australia.

3 hours ago, mattymay said:

My guess is it stays in the US. Why sell a transatlantic if you are not going to keep it there?

I really hope so! @Sharla was able to secure a 2 bedroom Grand Suite for Thanksgiving 2022 on the Odyssey & still under that expired double points promotion. I really want to keep that and book the Wonder for Christmas, I thought about a swop Wonder for Thanksgiving 2022 but that change really doesn't work for me, I love my cabin, it was priced okay (not like this WOW promotion as in WOW these prices are sky high,) and the double points are also pretty nice. Please Wonder stay PUT!!

I was booked on the Allure of the Seas transatlantic Crossing for next October 30th that was cancelled. Royal Caribbean set my travel agent a message that they were transferring the Allure passengers reservations to The Wonder of the Seas transatlantic Crossing leaving the same date and also from Barcelona. This was supposed to have been completed by October 13th and when it wasn't and my travel agent inquired she was told they would have it all sorted out by the end of October. I'm very nervous about this whole situation. I already had my 18 night Grand Voyage with MSC I was supposed to be flying out to Genoa Italy for today canceled. 

13 minutes ago, Jill said:

Glad we got on her for March. Just may be our only chance to sail her. 

This is exactly why I book a cruise on her out of Florida in April.

Once she leaves the US at the end of April 2022 I highly doubt she will ever return.  If Royal can't make it work from either Hong Kong or Shanghai  do to restriction on cruising in china I think like others have pointed out they will simply homeport her either in Singapore or Australia.

For those of us in the US is you want to get on Wonder I suggest you book a cruise on her for either March or April of 2022 or book a 2022 Mediterranean Cruise. 

1 hour ago, Canadian-Cruiser said:

Or the more adventurous thing is to also cruise from Southeast Asia like Singapore 🙂 Very worldly to fly to Singapore or Hong Kong for a cruise. China's a huge market mind you, and many domestic cruises there have started with Dream Cruises and Star Cruises.

Worldly, sure, but also costly. Airfare isn't cheap.

Wonder is moving from the ship yard on Friday to Marseille where it will dock.

There was a report in a Marseille news paper that it will have the Chinese signage removed.

Also Hong Kong is supposed to be tightening it’s boarders to the outside world and relaxing it’s boarder to China. Anyone entering from the outside has to quarantine for upto 21 days and exit visas will be difficult to obtain.

That will be inline with China.

image.thumb.jpeg.dc6ac3ba651240197a1cc6f5515f3798.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Floski said:

I'm looking all over the official site and can't find anything for Wonder for 2023.

They do test loads of select cruises one week before they add them for general booking.  It will be back sometime next week (if past experiences are a guide) and when they come back they open it for the entire season.  

Looks like Harmony is effectively closed for bookings starting Nov. 6, 2022.  All the suites are blocked off, as are most other categories except for a few cabins they've left open.  

With the Wonder test load for Port Canaveral in 2023 it sure is beginning to look like Wonder replaces Harmony in Port Canaveral once the Wonder TA in Oct 2022 concludes.  

27 minutes ago, twangster said:

Looks like Harmony is effectively closed for bookings starting Nov. 6, 2022.  All the suites are blocked off, as are most other categories except for a few cabins they've left open.  

With the Wonder test load for Port Canaveral in 2023 it sure is beginning to look like Wonder replaces Harmony in Port Canaveral once the Wonder TA in Oct 2022 concludes.  

Surprising that you can still book the Hong Kong sailings. 

57 minutes ago, twangster said:

Interesting lines of thought.

Always thought it was odd that both Harmony and Wonder would be in Port Canaveral at the same time after the TA.

SmartSelect_20211211-174720_Chrome.thumb.jpg.627cf984656e57bbb7df7f23a0a48459.jpg

SmartSelect_20211211-174754_Chrome.thumb.jpg.3d25a4bb795c33b40c78808cbe3a7977.jpg

Not sure if any of the other terminals in Port Canaveral could berth an Oasis class ship.

On 12/11/2021 at 4:50 PM, twangster said:

On 12/11/2021 at 5:14 PM, mattymay said:

Surprising that you can still book the Hong Kong sailings. 

Royal is currently showing BOTH a Transatlantic into mid-November AND a South Korea / Japan cruise on November 25, 2022 on Winder.  One of the 2 will be impossible to do ….. 

DCAC7893-E010-4891-A4E5-62864540F713.jpeg