Itinerary Changes

leesam82

I recently received this email from RCL. About my cruise in november.  

image.png.acd19a41ba5a7118d331e8fc523c6b27.png

The changes do not bother me. I am wondering if they are leaving later because they are expecting more passengers to board for this cruise and want to have a larger embakation window to spread passengers out further. Just wondering what others think. 

This is common at the moment. We have had two itinerary changes on three of our cruises so far. Did not make for a bad experience as we also swapped some of the order of visits. One had true port changes and we had to book new tours. No problem but we generally go with the flow as we are still on vacation.

I just wish I'd get an email like that. 🤦‍♂️  I've had two cruises (Dec. 2021 and March 2022) have itineraries change, and yet neither my travel agent nor I have ever received any notification of this. Has anyone else had this problem? I've gotten confirmations and other such communications about these cruises, so I know they have the correct email. 

I didn't have strong feelings about these particular itineraries, so it's not a huge deal. It's just weird and a little concerning that we haven't been notified. 

We're on Anthem in the beginning of December (right after you) and I noticed the same flip on Nassau/CocoCay. I jumped into the website to see if Port Canaveral had been pushed back from 12pm to 2pm, and sure enough, it had. 

I don't mind the Nassau/CocoCay flip, but I do mind the Port Canaveral change. I'm a huge space nerd and haven't been to KSC in 20 years. I knew five hours was going to be quick, but I was going to cram as much in as possible, but now less than 3 hours (2pm-5pm) at KSC seems like a no-go. Bummed!

3 hours ago, WesKinetic said:

I just wish I'd get an email like that. 🤦‍♂️  I've had two cruises (Dec. 2021 and March 2022) have itineraries change, and yet neither my travel agent nor I have ever received any notification of this. Has anyone else had this problem? I've gotten confirmations and other such communications about these cruises, so I know they have the correct email. 

I didn't have strong feelings about these particular itineraries, so it's not a huge deal. It's just weird and a little concerning that we haven't been notified. 

don't worry, you will get the email. it seems that it doesn't go out until approximately 30 days before sailing even though RC knows it is changing. we received our email about 2 weeks ago for a Nov 14 departure when they have known we were not going to Grand Cayman.

12 minutes ago, Jennifer Burke said:

Has anyone heard of a Western Caribbean itinerary changing on any of the cruises these last few months? I am on Dec 5th Allure and wondering if I may get a change. 

Your ports of call on the Dec 5th Allure are all active and running. Since you have a sea day prior to getting to your first port, leaving a couple of hours late should not matter to your arrival. Even so, you arrive at 7:00am in Cozumel and nothing really starts on the excursions or shops until 9.

17 minutes ago, CrznTxn said:

Your ports of call on the Dec 5th Allure are all active and running. Since you have a sea day prior to getting to your first port, leaving a couple of hours late should not matter to your arrival. Even so, you arrive at 7:00am in Cozumel and nothing really starts on the excursions or shops until 9.

Wow, thanks for info! Now I have to find excursions !

8 minutes ago, AHollyS said:

I too have the Labadee for Nassau swap. I didn't get the mentioned e-mail (I just looked).

What is annoying about this? In the cruise planner I'm still being offered Labadee excursions and none for Nassau.

Did you actually go into the Cruise Planner to see the offers?  I'm seeing Labadee on the main page of the Cruise Planner, but when I go into the subpages, I see Nassau

EDIT:  Ooops... they updated the pages already.  Labadee is totally gone

8 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

Did you actually go into the Cruise Planner to see the offers?  I'm seeing Labadee on the main page of the Cruise Planner, but when I go into the subpages, I see Nassau

Labadee is on my landing screen, and has been for a few days. I can still add to my cart and purchase them even.  I don't even have Nassau in the excursions by port list. It is not listed on the Shore Excursion side bar check box list either. I wonder if it is because I have kids 6 & 8. I'm hoping to have everyone vaxed by Christmas for this.

We just got off SOS on Saturday and our departure time got pushed back to 7pm and although they didn't change the order if where we went they did shorten times at 2 of them which I thought was extremely selfish considering the money people spend on excursions.

Hubby and I actually were speaking with some of the staff and there were just under 2500 passengers on board on a ship that holds over 6 thousand. We heard from several that Royal is not planning on getting close to capacity for a few months yet. They are still trying to make sure their safeguards are in place before that. 

15 hours ago, AHollyS said:

Labadee is on my landing screen, and has been for a few days. I can still add to my cart and purchase them even.  I don't even have Nassau in the excursions by port list. It is not listed on the Shore Excursion side bar check box list either. I wonder if it is because I have kids 6 & 8. I'm hoping to have everyone vaxed by Christmas for this.

This happened on our upcoming Western Caribbean cruise where we cannot port in Grand Cayman and it was switched to Costa Maya and Roatan. Grand Cayman and Jamaica showed up for a couple of weeks on the excursions even though we were not going there and when it did switch to allow reservations in the new ports it still showed the previous ports in the opening screen. It speaks of an older website construction where it is not easy to change the pages.

5 hours ago, CrznTxn said:

This happened on our upcoming Western Caribbean cruise where we cannot port in Grand Cayman and it was switched to Costa Maya and Roatan. Grand Cayman and Jamaica showed up for a couple of weeks on the excursions even though we were not going there and when it did switch to allow reservations in the new ports it still showed the previous ports in the opening screen. It speaks of an older website construction where it is not easy to change the pages.

I'm glad to hear it is not just me. When I go to the excursions in the cruise planner, the check box list on the left side bar is totally missing Day 1 and Day 2, it only has Day 3 forward. Website voodoo.

On 10/26/2021 at 3:41 PM, Jennifer Burke said:

Has anyone heard of a Western Caribbean itinerary changing on any of the cruises these last few months? I am on Dec 5th Allure and wondering if I may get a change. 

I am booked on Harmony for December 12 for Western Caribbean. My ports were going to be Nassau, Hati, and Jamaica. But now we are doing Nassau, Costa Maya, Cozumel. I'm super excited.

On 10/26/2021 at 5:55 PM, PG Cruiser said:

This is from this morning (10/28)

Missing 2- shows my updated itinerary - With Nassau

Missing - Shows the Shore Excursion drop down, no Labadee, but no Nassau either.

Missing 3- Shows the Shore Excursion web page side bar with Day 1, and Day 2 Missing no listing of Nassau.

Missing 4- Shows my Day 3 excursion offering - Labadee (still) on the now Sea Day (Ref Missing 3 list)

Royal Caribbean IT voodoo.

Missing.jpg

Missing2.jpg

Missing3.jpg

Missing4.png

Well great, I'd totally forgotten about the changes to my Dec 5th Anthem cruise. I just booked today a Nassau excursion. It correctly selected Day 4 which is when we are there, but it's for 10am and we don't get there until 12:30pm.

Cruise planner even knows I won't be there

image.thumb.png.fc15f82f5d2b019785f477090ec74ef4.png

I just learned we have changes to our itinerary on Allure on Feb 5th.  I called RC as I had suspicion about the DR, they told me it just changed today and they have not updated the website or notified travel agents or passengers yet and changing to Nassau.  Very upsetting as this was the reason we chose this itinerary to go to the DR.  We have a group of 38.  We are not happy at all.  Not sure why we cannot dock at Amber Cove.. but I don't know all the behind the scenes stuff.  Very upsetting to my group as we were meeting Missionaries there.  We have been to Nassau numerous times....Ugh!

Unless it's a glitch (surprise, surprise), it looks like they are in the process of swapping out Grand Cayman for our 2/12/22 Odyssey cruise. We were supposed to be there on Valentine's Day next FEB. We are assuming the port will be switched since the ban runs into late JAN.

image.thumb.png.30f82311704dcce21e51eacd8e01a242.png

I hope it's not Jamaica as the cruise planner is "hinting" at, LOL! ... We were all hoping for CocoCay as it appears there are apparently no ships scheduled to be at CocoCay on MON, 2/14/22, or TUE, 2/15/22 (unless they just haven't updated the port schedule).

• 10 months later...

The bottom line is that cruise lines really don't answer to anyone and they can bait-and-switch us all they want and the customer has no recourse. The problem is we just act like cattle and let them mindlessly move us around.  The real solution is for everyone to declare a moratorium on cruising for a year or two and let the cruise line executives think about it. Book a flight to a nice all-inclusive. Take a road trip. Just don't cruise for a while and see if anything changes. 

Thank you for joining the boards... Your rant concerning a post from almost year ago, during the start up from Covid, misses the mark on so many levels..

First, read the Cruise Contract that every cruiser signs when they book.  During the first 8-10 months of the restart the situation with cruising was fluid. Ports were canceled because of positivity percentages, Port protocols, etc... 

Is it disappointing if a Port call is changed or canceled ...Yes. Royal Caribbean did a fine job of compensating those of us whose itineraries were changed mid cruise. "Cruise with Confidence "during this period allowed those with changes to their Itinerary to cancel and re-book WITHOUT penalty.. This is A Royal Caribbean Fan site.

With your one post I doubt we will hear from you again...That is too bad because there are a lot of experienced and knowledgeable members who post here.

I've learned a lot from them and I'm very appreciative.

l

19 minutes ago, michaelp1446 said:

This is A Royal Caribbean Fan site.

I agreed with almost everything you said except for the above quote. I look at this blog as an information site. I want disgruntled and happy RCL cruisers to post here. However, I don't like the one and done drive-bys either. Come here, share your experiences, so that we can enhance each other's experiences.

P.S. Who the heck goes back and comments on a out of date, ten month old topic?