Covid Test results acceptable format letter?

UNCFanatik

My wife works at a Nursing home which employs Registered Nurses. They have the same brand rapid tests that Royal is currently selling on the royal website its states below the requirements. SO my question are:

1. If we have an RN at the Nursing Home perform the tests on my family, does that meet requirements below.

2. I have heard varying stories about what is an acceptable results document and that are DOB needs to be included but thats not stated below. 

3. If points 1 & 2 are valid, then all the RN would need to do is just type up a results document as outlined below? Would it raise a red flag because tests were administered at Nursing Home?

The test must be supervised by a health professional, such as a doctor, pharmacy technician, public health worker, or telehealth professional. Telehealth testing at home is only accepted for vaccinated guests, and only when it is conducted under live video supervision. Learn more about acceptable telehealth tests including our home test kit.

You must receive a valid results document from your test provider that includes provider name, your name, the date the test was taken, type of test, and your negative result. This can be a printed document, email, or telehealth app notification. Handwritten doctor’s notes will not be accepted.

• UNCFanatik changed the title to Covid Test results acceptable format letter?
1 hour ago, UNCFanatik said:

1. If we have an RN at the Nursing Home perform the tests on my family, does that meet requirements below.

I'm not entirely sure, but if the test result can be printed (as opposed to hand written), that may go a long way. 

They didn't really specify which providers are and are not acceptable.

4 minutes ago, whitsmom said:

If you get tested at say Walgreens or CVS - they are not a lab and those work.  I would hope that a Doctor trumps a "trained" video person all day long. 

Well let's put it this way... I am with Florida's largest health care provider system and we here on the Suncoast do not do travel covid tests. We defer to the pharmacies.

Now if your are having symptoms and need to be tested for treatment we will do that all day long and on the weekends.

4 minutes ago, Jolly Ogre said:

Well let's put it this way... I am with Florida's largest health care provider system and we here on the Suncoast do not do travel covid tests. We defer to the pharmacies.

Now if your are having symptoms and need to be tested for treatment we will do that all day long and on the weekends.

What I was saying is that "if" a doctor's office did a test that it should work as long as it wasn't hand written.  Thankfully, we don't have to test for our two cruises until the Summer 2022.  I am hoping that by then we won't have to but I am not holding my breath...

2 hours ago, Jolly Ogre said:

Do you want to bet your cruise on it?

I would not.

Agreed, why even take the chance. CVS, Walgreens and the at home test is what the workers at the ports are going to recognize the most with no additional questions. Why go there on a hope and prayer they accept this unless as a last resort IMO. 

19 minutes ago, whitsmom said:

What I was saying is that "if" a doctor's office did a test that it should work as long as it wasn't hand written.  Thankfully, we don't have to test for our two cruises until the Summer 2022.  I am hoping that by then we won't have to but I am not holding my breath...

Yes fingers crossed.

The test itself may have details on who is qualified to conduct/interpret the test. In many areas, RNs are considered qualified to collect samples, but not interpret them (not saying I agree with this, it just is how it is).

My personal feeling is I wouldn't want to risk my cruise if I wasn't 100% sure.

1 hour ago, whitsmom said:

If you get tested at say Walgreens or CVS - they are not a lab and those work.  I would hope that a Doctor trumps a "trained" video person all day long. 

CVS and Walgreens are labs, in as much as they have been credentialed by ASCP to provide laboratory services. 

No way would I take a chance on a typed letter from an RN at a nursing home with no credentials to provide proof of lab results. (and I too am a medical professional and don't believe this would pass muster)

2 hours ago, Jolly Ogre said:

Where on the Suncoast I retired from Pinellas county lived in Tarpon but now in Vero Beach.