xSAILEDx ANTHEM OF THE SEAS - MARCH 13, 2022 ( Bayonne, NJ )

• AshleyDillo changed the title to ANTHEM OF THE SEAS - MARCH 13, 2022 ( Bayonne, NJ )
  • 1 month later...

Just realized I never joined this thread.  But then again, we weren't sure if we were going to try and go on this cruise.  We had Anthem Dec booked and had to cancel 3 days before due to a kid on our son's class having it and so we wouldn't have been under the "14 days of no contact" on Royal's questionnaire.  Maybe we were too honest? 😉

Omicron was so high that we didn't have hopes for this booking....but things are looking much better now.  Just made final payment.  So fingers crossed we can make it.  Don't want to miss a third March break.  

And then our biggest hurdle is staying negative during the cruise as it'll cause big issue getting back to Canada (YellowBrickRoad, I think you are the same from other posts).  

Anthem looks amazing, and it's not too far off now.

On 2/5/2022 at 9:17 AM, WannaCruise said:

Just realized I never joined this thread.  But then again, we weren't sure if we were going to try and go on this cruise.  We had Anthem Dec booked and had to cancel 3 days before due to a kid on our son's class having it and so we wouldn't have been under the "14 days of no contact" on Royal's questionnaire.  Maybe we were too honest? 😉

Omicron was so high that we didn't have hopes for this booking....but things are looking much better now.  Just made final payment.  So fingers crossed we can make it.  Don't want to miss a third March break.  

And then our biggest hurdle is staying negative during the cruise as it'll cause big issue getting back to Canada (YellowBrickRoad, I think you are the same from other posts).  

Anthem looks amazing, and it's not too far off now.

Yay! Just printed my EDocs (printing and digital for me) and with the new protocol of “likely” antigen tests to come back, we are gearing up! 🙌🏼

On 2/6/2022 at 12:24 PM, recogneyes said:

We are gearing up to go as well!  Sailed on Anthem a few times now - beautiful ship, so exciting to sail again.  Yes...need to stay Covid free before and during the sailing and keep hoping the Canadian govt removes the PCR testing to come back home...or at least the fine!!

PCR removed as of next week. Not official but will be. 👏🏼 

• 2 weeks later...

We are deciding between driving or flying (from Toronto area).  Most likely driving but we do have a refundable plane tickets just in case.  

For those driving, are you driving straight or splitting up the drive?  If we drive, our plan is to leave Friday and stay overnight half way.  Then drive second half Saturday.

11 hours ago, WannaCruise said:

We are deciding between driving or flying (from Toronto area).  Most likely driving but we do have a refundable plane tickets just in case.  

For those driving, are you driving straight or splitting up the drive?  If we drive, our plan is to leave Friday and stay overnight half way.  Then drive second half Saturday.

We will be driving from Toronto area to New Jersey….we don’t break it up as we are used to doing that trip many times a year.. with family close by and enjoy the drive. We will stay overnight at hotel nearby on Saturday night and on cruise ship Sunday morning. We could definitely fly as we have free flight benefits, but like the control we have with driving. 

Another Canadian here 🙂

Me and my daughter are going to be on this ship too. 

Rapid tests for the return have to be done a day before the border crossing or the flight. We are going to stay an extra night before wet fly back to Canada. Just an extra day to see NY and extra time for doing rapid tests. 

Fortunately, no more 14d quarantine for unvaccinated kids! 

On 2/26/2022 at 7:33 PM, WannaCruise said:

We will driving straight to New Jersey on the Saturday, Spending the night in hotel, then boarding on Sunday. Took a while for me to find the "right" hotel. Options change quickly for a group of five. I checked what people have messaged in the past regarding hotels in the area. most were booked for parties of 5 or more by the time we decided to book ourselves.

10 hours ago, TonyYOW said:

Another Canadian here 🙂

Rapid tests for the return have to be done a day before the border crossing or the flight. We are going to stay an extra night before wet fly back to Canada. Just an extra day to see NY and extra time for doing rapid tests. 

Another Canadian here 🙂

Another Canadian here 🙂

Wonderful! Love my Native New York City! 
We will take test day before on ship as we have to head back to Toronto (driving) with our work schedules. 

11 hours ago, TonyYOW said:

Another Canadian here 🙂

Does the rapid antigen test have to be done the day before?  Or no more than a day before?  I don't see it being an issue for those taking the test prior to getting on a flight (or similarly driving across the border).  Would love to spend time in NY.  We should be arriving early afternoon on the Saturday but with everything, will be playing things low with covid.  

Am interested to see the updated Canadian travel protocols (as still not updated for tomorrow's change).  Just wish they would drop the potential fine as that would make things so much easier.  We are bringing our work and school laptops...just in case.  

1 hour ago, WannaCruise said:

Does the rapid antigen test have to be done the day before?  Or no more than a day before?  I don't see it being an issue for those taking the test prior to getting on a flight (or similarly driving across the border).  Would love to spend time in NY.  We should be arriving early afternoon on the Saturday but with everything, will be playing things low with covid.  

Am interested to see the updated Canadian travel protocols (as still not updated for tomorrow's change).  Just wish they would drop the potential fine as that would make things so much easier.  We are bringing our work and school laptops...just in case.  

33 minutes ago, WannaCruise said:

PS - Canadian travel rules now updated.  It does say the antigen test must be taken "no more than one day"

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/covid-vaccinated-travellers-entering-canada#pre-entry-testing

33 minutes ago, WannaCruise said:

PS - Canadian travel rules now updated.  It does say the antigen test must be taken "no more than one day"

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/covid-vaccinated-travellers-entering-canada#pre-entry-testing

34 minutes ago, WannaCruise said:

Thanks for updated travel rules. We will probably take our test day before we disembark in case any issues but good to know we have day of before entering Canada….

On 2/28/2022 at 9:18 AM, YellowBrickRoad said:

Thanks for updated travel rules. We will probably take our test day before we disembark in case any issues but good to know we have day of before entering Canada….

We now changed taking our Antigen test at Rexall since it’s $30 verses $40 at Shoppers.

We know Walmart and Costco is cheaper but we like Rexall so we use that…..Sunday is getting closer! So excited! 🙌🏼

• AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx ANTHEM OF THE SEAS - MARCH 13, 2022 ( Bayonne, NJ )