Fitness Center help

On Quantum, it was like this:

Call the gym using the room phone.

She can tell you whether you can come immediately because there are spare spots. (max 25 pax I believe it was).

Otherwise, you'd normally ask her when she has available slots, and reserve one of them.  Slots begin on the hour, and last one hour.  I think they will only let you reserve 1 hour per day in advance.

3 hours ago, Danielle OG said:

This is for anyone who has recently sailed: how does one sign up for the fitness center? Do I reserve a time slot? Does it have to be in advance? Is there a time limit per person i.e. one hour? Thanks!

I was just on Independence and there was no need to sign up. You’d show up and workout. The items were spaced appropriately. 

For anyone that has recently sailed - has anyone taken any of the fitness classes?  I have heard different things about spinning in particular - RCL website states that you do not have to wear your mask if it is likely to get wet/damp.  I would imagine by doing an intense fitness class it would get wet.  I have been told two different things by customer service - that in the fitness center itself you have to wear a mask - but not in an intense class and the other was yes regardless of an intense class and it getting wet you still have to wear it?

39 minutes ago, Jim D said:

For anyone that has recently sailed - has anyone taken any of the fitness classes?  I have heard different things about spinning in particular - RCL website states that you do not have to wear your mask if it is likely to get wet/damp.  I would imagine by doing an intense fitness class it would get wet.  I have been told two different things by customer service - that in the fitness center itself you have to wear a mask - but not in an intense class and the other was yes regardless of an intense class and it getting wet you still have to wear it?

I believe there is no need to wear a mask once inside the fitness center because it is a vaccinated only space

We have seen it depends on the ship. On our Adventure cruise you had to sign up for the fitness center time but by day 3 they were not checking. As it was a smaller fitness center you had to wait sometimes for the weight equipment but not for the elliptical or treadmill. On our Ovation cruise the fitness director said there was more room than people coming in and he was correct. Some of the equipment was flagged as unavailable to keep distance protocols but there was never any wanting. There are plenty of sanitizing wipes and towels available and it is up to you to clean before and after. There are cleaning folks there but not enough to clean a machine immediately after someone used it. If you go to a land-based gym it will be similar to it.

1 hour ago, Jim D said:

Earlier this month on Serenade they simply held all the fitness classes out on the pool deck, so no masks required. This was easy because of the low passenger count.

45 minutes ago, KristiZ said:

Earlier this month on Serenade they simply held all the fitness classes out on the pool deck, so no masks required. This was easy because of the low passenger count.

What fitness classes did they hold outside?  Spinning by anychance?

5 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Spinning was $20 per session on Symphony.

Even though I was paying for everything on this run, dear wife didn't want to cheat on her Peloton back home

I signed up thru the travel planner for a pack of 3 classes I think it was in the low $30's when it was on sale.  And I know all about the Peloton a good friend of mine works in product development for them and is one of their trainers as well.  I however have not made the switch over to it 

Anyone on a recent cruise,  do you have a compass with classes listed?  Or know if you had to wear masks in the fitness center.  When my folks were in Alaska. No one was made to wear masks in the fitness center???  But get very conflicting info via customer service.  And it makes a difference when purchasing fitness classes prior to being onboard.  If you cancel onboard the most you will get is obc.

On 10/25/2021 at 7:01 PM, Danielle OG said:

This is for anyone who has recently sailed: how does one sign up for the fitness center? Do I reserve a time slot? Does it have to be in advance? Is there a time limit per person i.e. one hour? Thanks!

Fitness center? On cruise ships??? 😩😂 If there is a reserved time, I will gladly give you mine 😬