Coco Cay 2 ships C.C. Beach Club?

foxrunner

We are on the Allure and the Freedom is scheduled for the same day (April 21, 2022) at C.C. The Beach Club full day pass is  $200 per person. Given the crowd level on the island do you think the price is warranted? I know this is hard to answer but would you spend the money to get into the club? The over water cabanas are out of reach at $1,700 and the regular cabanas in the club are $1,400. We are a group of three couples if that helps. 

3 hours ago, foxrunner said:

We are on the Allure and the Freedom is scheduled for the same day (April 21, 2022) at C.C. The Beach Club full day pass is  $200 per person. Given the crowd level on the island do you think the price is warranted? I know this is hard to answer but would you spend the money to get into the club? The over water cabanas are out of reach at $1,700 and the regular cabanas in the club are $1,400. We are a group of three couples if that helps. 

You should wait for a drop in price. You could wait for the Black Friday sale after Thanksgiving. I would pay about $100 pp or less for the Beach Club (BC) pass.  The lobster and grouper lunch is worth it. And 2 ships gets a little crowded.  But the BC has a max capacity.  
I would book the regular cabana right now. It includes admission to the beach club for 8 people.  So with your current group you’re getting the cabana for $200 at current price or if you could find 2 more people it’s way worth it. 
You can always cancel whatever you book in the cruise planner when you get a better price. 100% refundable until a few days from sail date. Takes about one week for the refund to post on your credit card. 

22 hours ago, 904Duval said:

You should wait for a drop in price. You could wait for the Black Friday sale after Thanksgiving. I would pay about $100 pp or less for the Beach Club (BC) pass.  The lobster and grouper lunch is worth it. And 2 ships gets a little crowded.  But the BC has a max capacity.  
I would book the regular cabana right now. It includes admission to the beach club for 8 people.  So with your current group you’re getting the cabana for $200 at current price or if you could find 2 more people it’s way worth it. 
You can always cancel whatever you book in the cruise planner when you get a better price. 100% refundable until a few days from sail date. Takes about one week for the refund to post on your credit card. 

For our last trip on Freedom (Sep 27) I booked at $161.00  using the repricing option, that went to $124.00 then down to $91.00  so it works

On 10/25/2021 at 4:13 PM, foxrunner said:

I am on Freedom that day and I believe Freedom docks 2 hours before Allure?  So if you really want the Beach club then buy it now and then keep checking for sales so you can lower the price.  And you can always cancel and get your money back if you decide it isn’t worth it.  My Freedom cruise planner is selling it for $143 right now.  

On 10/25/2021 at 3:13 PM, foxrunner said:

Coco Cay is a big place, you will have plenty of space even if both ships are full.  I personally don't think the beach club is worth much more than $79 - $99 dollars. 

The meal is really good and the beach is nice, but its not that big of a step up from the rest of Coco Cay.

$200 is steep for the beach club.  I echo what others have said and feel $80-$120 is about what I would be ok with paying for passes.  Wait for a sale.

And while I have never had a cabana there, if you have regular passes and get off the ship first thing, you will have your choice of spots, and the attendants are just as good/timely as I imagine they are in the cabanas.  I can't speak to the difference, but I have never had to wait very long if at all for an attendant the times I have been there (for drinks).

I'm going there this February during winter break week on Symphony and we bought the passes for $118 a few months ago.  Currently they are "on sale" at $179.  I always keep an eye on it and will watch for any Black Friday sales but I am not expecting them to go lower than that.      

I was in the Beach Club on Oasis last week, we got it for 96, I loved it but would not pay much more than 100. Now my Anthem cruise in Dec has switched the day we'll be there so that Freedom is there as well. I suspect that with two ships available for guests the Beach Club price is not going to drop much if at all.

I was at CocoCay Wednesday aboard the Oasis with 3630 passengers. The Serenade was also there at the same time…I don’t know how many passengers. I had the Beach Club pass for 89.00 because I grabbed it during a price drop. I don’t think it was any specific sale at the time…just lucky. The amount of guests at the club was about the same as always…not crowded, plenty of beach loungers, excellent service…great food! Highly recommend it if you can fit it into your budget!

8 hours ago, BrianB said:

I was at CocoCay Wednesday aboard the Oasis with 3630 passengers. The Serenade was also there at the same time…I don’t know how many passengers. I had the Beach Club pass for 89.00 because I grabbed it during a price drop. I don’t think it was any specific sale at the time…just lucky. The amount of guests at the club was about the same as always…not crowded, plenty of beach loungers, excellent service…great food! Highly recommend it if you can fit it into your budget!

So I read that the Beach Club only sells so many day passes...perhaps 200-300 tops.  I am on Oasis next week and will be at CocoCay on Thursday the 4th...Freedom will also be there.  The Beach Club day passes have been sold out for at least a week now on our cruise planner.  We got it for 79 which at the time I bought them I wasn't sure if that was a good price or not but now pretty much I am sure it was!!

4 hours ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

So I read that the Beach Club only sells so many day passes...perhaps 200-300 tops.  I am on Oasis next week and will be at CocoCay on Thursday the 4th...Freedom will also be there.  The Beach Club day passes have been sold out for at least a week now on our cruise planner.  We got it for 79 which at the time I bought them I wasn't sure if that was a good price or not but now pretty much I am sure it was!!

$79 is a great price! Doesn’t go much lower than that. Enjoy it! …when you board the ship, call Chops, or stop by, and make your reservation for the Beach Club restaurant. For all of my Oasis cruises, the Chops desk makes the reservations. Enjoy the appetizer box and the Filet Mignon and Lobster!

On 10/25/2021 at 7:39 PM, 904Duval said:

Will price drops occur with 2 ships at C. Cay? Doesn't booking a cabana create more scarcity and drive prices up? I understand you can always get a refund, but I'm wondering if you are sort of working against yourself? 

Thanks for all the great tips!

Yes price drop should occur. Even with 2 ships.  Coco cay is huge and suppose to handle 2 ships.  I think everyone who posted state fair market value is around $100 for Beach Club day passes.  

You are NOT bidding against yourself if you reserve a cabana as that’s a (presumed)  separate class from the day passes. 

Royal published max capacity for Beach Club is 450. I think there’s 20 overwater and 10 beach cabana which gives a presumed max   capacity of 240 (at 8 passes each) for that class of passes. 

So there should be 210 day passes independent of the cabana. 4EDBF76B-A0FC-42BA-9BA4-7AD37CB7D1ED.thumb.jpeg.9e269b7fac51f4dc5032dc059ac5b74c.jpeg