Anyone else encountered bar drinks that are suspiciously weak tasting?

Not much of a drinker or a bar person outside of holidays, so I wasn't sure if it was just me, but I received a suspiciously weak ice-blended Mojito from the Sky Bar (outdoor main pool) of Quantum. 
To be fair, the bartender did agree to replace the drink, even though I had already drunk like 60% of it, I asked him not to blend the ice this time, I tasted it immediately but it still tasted distinctly weak, I told him, and he said ah that's just the soda on top and stirred the drink with a spoon.  It didn't taste any stronger after the stirring, and I sort of let him know, but left with the replaced drink.

I described the incident in my post-cruise online survey.

Anyone else ever encounter this?  Was it just me?

Wouldn't it be a serious violation of bartender code of ethics or something?
 Season 2 Shrug GIF by The Office

2 hours ago, nissin said:

Not much of a drinker or a bar person outside of holidays, so I wasn't sure if it was just me, but I received a suspiciously weak ice-blended Mojito from the Sky Bar (outdoor main pool) of Quantum. 
To be fair, the bartender did agree to replace the drink, even though I had already drunk like 60% of it, I asked him not to blend the ice this time, I tasted it immediately but it still tasted distinctly weak, I told him, and he said ah that's just the soda on top and stirred the drink with a spoon.  It didn't taste any stronger after the stirring, and I sort of let him know, but left with the replaced drink.

I described the incident in my post-cruise online survey.

Anyone else ever encounter this?  Was it just me?

Wouldn't it be a serious violation of bartender code of ethics or something?
 Season 2 Shrug GIF by The Office

Were you tipping extra? I promise the problem will go away if you start. Hand him an extra buck or 2 and tell him you like it strong.

I've really only heard of this happening at the Bionic Bar where the programming controls the pour. (The robots know they're not gonna get a tip so they don't care! 😆)

I've seen every drink that I've been served at an RC bar prepared right in front of my eyes. The bartenders typically pour the jigger full and continue to pour liquor into the glass as they dump the filled jigger into the glass. (Possibly the bartender did not do that?)

The only similar experience I've had is being given the wrong drink in the MDR. I could distinctly tell that the drink served to me had spiced rum instead of the whiskey I ordered. 

9 minutes ago, wordell1 said:

We're you tipping extra? I promise the problem will go away if you start. Hand him an extra buck or 2 and tell him you like it strong.

I did not tip beyond the automatic 18% at any of the bars I got cocktails at. 
Out of ~6 drinks, during a 4N nowhere cruise, only this one was suspicious.

7 minutes ago, SPS said:

I've really only heard of this happening at the Bionic Bar where the programming controls the pour. (The robots know they're not gonna get a tip so they don't care! 😆)

I've seen every drink that I've been served at an RC bar prepared right in front of my eyes. The bartenders typically pour the jigger full and continue to pour liquor into the glass as they dump the filled jigger into the glass. (Possibly the bartender did not do that?)

The only similar experience I've had is being given the wrong drink in the MDR. I could distinctly tell that the drink served to me had spiced rum instead of the whiskey I ordered. 

That's the thing... some drinks I ordered from a waiter from a deck chair or table, and never had a problem. Others from a bar (poured in front of me) were also fine.

It was just this one drink from Sky Bar, that was a problem.
I watched him pour from the rum bottle into the jigger, full + overflowing, more generous looking than some others that turned out fine.
So I don't know if he was dishonest, or if someone else had diluted that bottle and he was unaware.

In order to save time, I know that the bars on the ships are heavy users of Monin-brand flavored syrups (and yes, they do have a mojito flavor as well). As a former bartender, I can tell you that stuff is EXTREMELY sweet and has a tendency to overpower most cocktails. You may have received a mojito that contained a little too much syrup, thus overwhelming the white rum flavor.

I had that happen on Oasis last month. My first drink.  It was weak.  The waiter came by snd I told him there seemed to be no tequila, he took it back, next drink was fine.  I wasn’t going to say anything but I didn’t have the drink package, I was using one of 4 Diamond drinks and I wasn’t about to waste it on a weak drink

22 hours ago, JimnKathy said:

In order to save time, I know that the bars on the ships are heavy users of Monin-brand flavored syrups (and yes, they do have a mojito flavor as well). As a former bartender, I can tell you that stuff is EXTREMELY sweet and has a tendency to overpower most cocktails. You may have received a mojito that contained a little too much syrup, thus overwhelming the white rum flavor.

OP here.  In my case, the mojito wasn't unusually sweet.  
Just to clarify, I did watch the suspect bartender do the generous-looking pour BOTH times.  When he first made it, and when he made the replacement.
But it tasted weak both times.
So I suspect the rum bottle contained greatly diluted rum, and he could make a big show of being generous with the jigger-ing, and still use hardly any real rum.

I too noticed it on Oasis last month.  I ordered an amaretto sour that was so off tasting that I mixed it with lemonade to make it taste right.  Then I ordered a bloody mary, granted I asked for a bit spicy but all I could taste was the spice. One was ordered in MDR the other in Solarium pool area.

I found the same thing. I drink Gin & Tonic or Vodka Soda and at first felt they were weak. I normally just order Vodka or Gin...on our last cruises in September we were ordering Grey Goose and Bombay and in both cases they are much smoother than the well swill. I was getting just as drunk as before but no hangover in the morning.(this was a nice change) So I think it's just that the better quality of the alcohol made it less apparent in the drink.

Not 100% sure but I liked it! 

Palates change.  Sometimes they're more receptive of tastes than other times.  The same drink, different times of day, tastes different.  Sometimes the alcohol remains hidden, and other times it may seem strong.

I wasn't there, so I can only speculate.  I'd move ahead and hope the next drink is more enjoyable.

There have been times over the years, I suggested to my Wife that my drink has little or no alcohol.  I've asked her to sample it, and every time she responds with a grimace that it is in fact quite saturated with alcohol.

I'll also say, if you asked, you'd get credit for any unsatisfactory drink. 

My personal answer is, I've found my drinks on any ship to be pleasantly strong.