Chef's Table, New Year's Eve on Oasis

Dulis

We are sailing on the Oasis for New Year's Eve and considering Chef's Table for NYE dinner.  It looks like dinner at any specialty restaurant is going to be about $100/person, and since we have the UDP and will presumably have tried the other restaurants already, it seems like a good choice.  I don't think we're interested in the MDR.  The cruise planner states that CT Dinner on 12/31 starts at 8pm.  We're imagining it will be done well before midnight.  Any thoughts? 

46 minutes ago, Dulis said:

We are sailing on the Oasis for New Year's Eve and considering Chef's Table for NYE dinner.  It looks like dinner at any specialty restaurant is going to be about $100/person, and since we have the UDP and will presumably have tried the other restaurants already, it seems like a good choice.  I don't think we're interested in the MDR.  The cruise planner states that CT Dinner on 12/31 starts at 8pm.  We're imagining it will be done well before midnight.  Any thoughts? 

I have cruised many times over the holidays.  Yes, there are certain restaurants that are going to have an upcharge for holiday meals but just keep in mind that not all of the specialty restaurants will have the upcharge.  There will always be some specialty restaurant that will be “business as usual” even on holiday evenings.  Is Chefs Table a good idea for NYE dinner ?  I’m sure it would be a great treat and if you want to splurge for the extra charge on top of the extra charge you have already paid for the UDP, then by all means, go for it.  Just be aware that it is not necessary to do that.  We have most often chosen Izumi for holiday meals b/c I have never known Izumi to have a holiday meal upcharge….and of course, we love Izumi, so it is usually an option.  If you choose to stick with the “included” options for your holiday meals, I recommend that you make those reservations ASAP as soon as you get onboard.  Those time slots will fill up quickly with those who choose not to pay for the “holiday special” meal.

16 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I have cruised many times over the holidays.  Yes, there are certain restaurants that are going to have an upcharge for holiday meals but just keep in mind that not all of the specialty restaurants will have the upcharge.  There will always be some specialty restaurant that will be “business as usual” even on holiday evenings.  Is Chefs Table a good idea for NYE dinner ?  I’m sure it would be a great treat and if you want to splurge for the extra charge on top of the extra charge you have already paid for the UDP, then by all means, go for it.  Just be aware that it is not necessary to do that.  We have most often chosen Izumi for holiday meals b/c I have never known Izumi to have a holiday meal upcharge….and of course, we love Izumi, so it is usually an option.  If you choose to stick with the “included” options for your holiday meals, I recommend that you make those reservations ASAP as soon as you get onboard.  Those time slots will fill up quickly with those who choose not to pay for the “holiday special” meal.

I didn't realize that about Izumi - thank you!

• 1 month later...
On 12/5/2021 at 11:42 AM, cruisellama said:

Here is the Chef's table menu from our 21 - 28 Nov 21 Oasis cruise.

IMG_2633.jpg

IMG_2632.jpg

I forgot to add, we had the funniest discussion of the evening about the Branzino, and how often it get offered throughout the ship in several restaurants.   We concluded they procured too much and needed to move it.

On 12/5/2021 at 12:42 PM, cruisellama said:

Here is the Chef's table menu from our 21 - 28 Nov 21 Oasis cruise.

IMG_2633.jpg

IMG_2632.jpg

And that is why, much as DH & I might love to do Chef's Table, (this upcoming cruise is a joint 60th bday celebration for us- 6 months after his, 6 months before mine) we probably won't because there's too much seafood for my husband -- he'll only eat shrimp & calamari, not any other fish or shellfish.

17 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

It's definitely fleet-wide but it doesn't rotate on a yearly basis.  This same menu has been going for some time.

We noticed that too.  It evolved into another specialty dining experience with a standardized  menu.      When we started attending on Celebrity, they didn't even advertise, you had to ask the maitre'd and there would be one, maybe 2 offerings during a cruise.   Now  they're offered about every night with 2 sittings (depending upon demand).  (Gotta get rid of the Branzino).   I'm curious if there are even menu rotations any more (other than those driven by region).