Pre-cruise COVID testing requirement

Pratty

Good day!

As a COVID test 2 days prior to departure is required on our upcoming Allure cruise, does anyone know if it’s actually ‘48 hours’ as opposed to 2 days? I know it’s sounds like a strange question, but a friend recently had to be tested no more than 3 days before travel (although she was flying, not sailing), and she ended up having to be retested at the airport, because her test was more than 72 hours prior, and not 3 days. I would hate to be stuck in that situation. 

Thanks in advance!

6 hours ago, oufpat said:

This was also my concern. If I sail on a Tuesday, test must be done anytime Sunday or Monday? We'll be in WDW for 9 days prior to our cruise in February, we won't have a car so I've started researching my options.

For Royal Caribbean…testing is two days prior to your cruise. Cruise day is day zero. So for instance…if your cruise day is anytime on Tuesday, then you must be tested anytime on Sunday or Monday. Tuesday is day zero, Monday is day one, Sunday is day two.

Here at Port Liberty in Bayonne NJ today, there was a private company set up in a van outside the terminal. They were offering rapid Covid Antigen tests for those who came to the port without one. Sure enough, there were several people lined up waiting to get tested. I’m guessing they didn’t take insurance and the test was somewhat pricey…but…as a last resort I’m sure it’s better than being turned away.

10 hours ago, BrianB said:

Here at Port Liberty in Bayonne NJ today, there was a private company set up in a van outside the terminal. They were offering rapid Covid Antigen tests for those who came to the port without one. Sure enough, there were several people lined up waiting to get tested. I’m guessing they didn’t take insurance and the test was somewhat pricey…but…as a last resort I’m sure it’s better than being turned away.

What's left of our free market capitalism at work !  Glad to see it.

On 10/24/2021 at 8:27 AM, Pratty said:

Good day!

As a COVID test 2 days prior to departure is required on our upcoming Allure cruise, does anyone know if it’s actually ‘48 hours’ as opposed to 2 days? I know it’s sounds like a strange question, but a friend recently had to be tested no more than 3 days before travel (although she was flying, not sailing), and she ended up having to be retested at the airport, because her test was more than 72 hours prior, and not 3 days. I would hate to be stuck in that situation. 

Thanks in advance!

It is the date that they are looking at at check in. We sailed Friday Oct 22 and could test anytime starting in the 20th. At the terminal they specifically look at the name date and result and make sure it's within the window and the same person. Make sure the name you register to take the test matches your set sail pass.