Non-Royal Suite Class suite guest

Jeff

Hey all...

I'm booked, with Mom and Dad, onto Enchantment of the Seas, this upcoming February. Many of you have commented on, and helped me decide several different aspects of this cruise, and I want to thank everyone of you.. maybe one day, personally.  I know RCL currently has the Royal Suite Class for Oasis and similar ships, but what kind of suite perks are for those of us in suites that aren't Oasis and the like? As I've said in other posts, I am splurging on a Grand Suite, and taking my parents on their first cruise. The suite is a surprise for them. What can we expect as  grand suite guests? I've read other posts about gold cards, and genies, a concierge lounge, free alcohol, etc. It's confusing to me. That's why I am reaching out to this group. I love all the knowledge here, and really love reading all the posts....even if I don't respond to them all.  This will be my first RCL cruise, so after I'm back, I'll have more firsthand knowledge and will be responding more and more.

For anyone who has been on EotS, hit me with any information....  I can't wait to read it.

Thanks in Advance,

Jeff

we are booked on our first RCI cruise as well on Vision of the seas in a royal family suite and here are the suite "extras" listed that I know about (but haven't actually been

riority check-in con_bulletgray_ico.gif Personalized attention throughout the cruise with complimentary Concierge Club service on select ships con_bulletgray_ico.gif Reserved prime seating in the main theater for entertainment shows, where available con_bulletgray_ico.gif Priority tender tickets on select cruises. (Tender service is provided when smaller vessels are necessary to reach shore in locations without docking ports large enough for cruise ships.) con_bulletgray_ico.gif VIP pool deck seating, where available con_bulletgray_ico.gif Full breakfast, lunch and dinner dining room menus available for in-room dining con_bulletgray_ico.gif Private breakfast and lunch seating in specialty restaurants on our Voyager and Freedom Class ships con_bulletgray_ico.gif Complimentary luggage valet service con_bulletgray_ico.gif Luxury spa bathrobes for use onboard con_bulletgray_ico.gif Complimentary pressing service on formal night con_bulletgray_ico.gif Priority departure with exclusive suite* departure lounge featuring continental breakfast

on it yet so just pulling this from website) other comments perks include ordering from the MDR menu for room service, loaning of dvd and players on board and a couple of them say use of an iPad on board for booking things, movies, etc...we shall see I suppose:)Hope this helped.

I feel like I am in steerage of the old days reading these posts....I haven't been ale to able to graduate from a "regular" balcony cabin to suite yet....one day......  :D

Originally, I had two rooms booked. Then a BOGO sale happened and with 3 in one cabin, the third was an additional 30% off... so, I priced the suite, just for kicks... and found out it was a couple hundred dollars cheaper in the suite. We lost our onboard credit, but gained a Grand Suite in the trade. Now, Matt will tell you that value is subjective, and I agree. This deal made sense to me.... Mom and Dad's first cruise. As well as a way of thanking them for being my rock.... so, they get a suite....this time. For Oasis next October, when we get the whole family (12 of us. 5 families) on one cruise... we'll all be in steerage. :lol: 

Good for you Matt for finding that deal!  You are really thoughtful for giving your parents the suite. What a nice way to treat them & thank them. 

I really do hope folks understand that I was joking about being in steerage. I read on another post here today from a gentlemen who said how much a cruise decompresses him and allows him time to think just how fortunate he is to be enough to be able to take vacations like these.

I will happily enjoy the view of the Statue of Liberty from my balcony in my steerage accommodations on the Anthem of the Seas coming up in  November.

Why do you think they walk you through first class on airplanes before getting to coach? So you can see how much nicer it is at the front of the plane. It's okay wherever you sit, sure I love to fly first class who doesn't but I don't always do it, just depends on the trip, the price, and all the other factors. I am a happy traveler....happy regardless of where I am...and I can tell everyone on this blog is really keen on travel and just LOVES the adventure like I do. Spring for first class on the airplane (it's often cheaper than you think domestically) or upgrade to a suite at a hotel...its fun sometimes, other times you don't want to....but TRAVEL and the adventure is the best part....I never feel bad regardless of the room or seat I"m in...just happy to go