Crown & Anchor points

Lorraine

45 minutes ago, Pooch said:

He doesn’t get the points per se but if it moves you up the ladder, he moves too.  My understanding is you don’t share points, you share status.

This is correct - only you would get the points.  At the point at which you are eligible for Diamond Plus, he would also be Diamond Plus based on his link to you.

Basically behind the scenes you both accumulate points based on your personal cruising.  When logged into your account you both will see the points from whoever has the higher personal count.

Individually you never lose your personal count, it just isn't displayed if the other person has a higher count.

If you cruise and reach 200 but your husband is still at 90 his account will appear to have 200 but behind the scenes Royal knows his account really has 90.

If he starts cruising by himself and you don't then he earns 10 nights his account will still say 200 because yours is higher, but behind the scenes he will have 100 ( his personal 90 + 10 ).   

If he continues to cruises and you do not, eventually he will earn enough to make it past 200.  Let's say he reached 210.  At that point both accounts would show 210 even though you really only have 200.  

Both people move up and achieve the next status based on the higher of the two accounts.

If you are going to pick someone as tribute to sail by themselves or by placing that person solo in a suite, once you designate the "climber" always put them first to get as many points as possible.  Flipping back & worth doesn't help your cause.

It is possible for one person to have 90 points and the other person to have only sailed once and have 3 points.  Both are Diamond.  If the person with 90 points stops cruising, the other person would need to earn 172 points before making Diamond Plus because they really only have 3 points even if their account says 90.      

C&A rep was surprised to see the thousand point disparity between DW and I. She did ask permission to address the elephant in the room though. Not awkward at all from my viewpoint....DW dislikes cruising just as much as I love it! 

She did just join me on Symphony last week but it was her first run since Harmony crossed the t/a for the famous "3 sisters" shot in 2016.

So that explains why I have the same points as my wife, I should have 7 less. I'm doing a solo in Dec, so will those points get added to my "actual" count?

So my actual should be 14 add the 28 from our just completed JS cruise that makes me 42 but my wife will be 49. Now my solo should get 28 points as a single in a regular cabin. That would move me to 70 and will move my wife up as well? Then we'll add 22 more for our Jan 11 night to get us to Diamond.

Seems like allot of math could be involved. 

5 minutes ago, KevinJ said:

So that explains why I have the same points as my wife, I should have 7 less. I'm doing a solo in Dec, so will those points get added to my "actual" count?

So my actual should be 14 add the 28 from our just completed JS cruise that makes me 42 but my wife will be 49. Now my solo should get 28 points as a single in a regular cabin. That would move me to 70 and will move my wife up as well? Then we'll add 22 more for our Jan 11 night to get us to Diamond.

Seems like allot of math could be involved. 

It's actually pretty simple.  You have two separate accounts and always will.   Each account accumulates it own points based on cruising by the account holder.

Look at both accounts.  Which is higher?   That determines the status that both people in the relationship enjoy.

I'm sailing on the Allure on 11/8 and looking to book a cruise for late February with DH. Is it better to do this while on board or use the future cruise form that comes in my eDocs? I have no standing yet (Gold 21pts) and hope to slowly climb up the ladder. I really enjoy the message boards and wealth of information you all share. 🥰

2 hours ago, Debstr66 said:

I'm sailing on the Allure on 11/8 and looking to book a cruise for late February with DH. Is it better to do this while on board or use the future cruise form that comes in my eDocs? I have no standing yet (Gold 21pts) and hope to slowly climb up the ladder. I really enjoy the message boards and wealth of information you all share. 🥰

The Cruise With Confidence program is currently scheduled to end October 31, 2021. If you are going to book for February 2022, I would suggest you do it at home prior to cruising so you are covered under CWC.  If you wait until your Allure sailing, you will potentially lose $100 per person if you end up having to cancel or change your February cruise prior to final payment and have a larger penalty if canceling after final payment.  If you book prior to October 31, you can cancel up to 48 hours before sailing and you will receive a full Future Cruise Credit to apply to a replacement cruise. I would take that over the paltry OBC you'd get from booking onboard.