Satin Ribbon Wristband Tip

PG Cruiser

3 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

I’m beginning to think they are port-specific - Canaveral-white rubber band; Everglades-white ribbon; and Miami-purple ribbon

We had purple on Harmony this past week. I had white on Freedom out of Miami. Indy out of Canaveral had green over the weekend. I don't think it's port specific..may just be each ship was given a couple colors and they rotate from week to week.

Here is my tip - take the vaccine band off and put it with your card in the clear plastic cover attached to a lanyard. This is allowed.

I wanted to take mine off to shower on the Symphony 3 weeks ago and so had them cut it off and give me another - the woman at the desk at that point told me that I didn’t even have to wear it, I just needed it with me to show. So tucking it in with the sea pass was perfect since it could be readily seen! And no, I don’t have oppositional defiant disorder but I have been known a time or two to figure out a way the rules can fit uniquely 😂

@PG Cruiser - Miami 3 weeks back was a light blue (so was Allure in Ft. Lauderdale / Everglades the next week). The master plan is murky if there is one 😟

18 hours ago, AlohaLivin said:

Here is my tip - take the vaccine band off and put it with your card in the clear plastic cover attached to a lanyard. This is allowed.

I wanted to take mine off to shower on the Symphony 3 weeks ago and so had them cut it off and give me another - the woman at the desk at that point told me that I didn’t even have to wear it, I just needed it with me to show. So tucking it in with the sea pass was perfect since it could be readily seen! And no, I don’t have oppositional defiant disorder but I have been known a time or two to figure out a way the rules can fit uniquely 😂

@PG Cruiser - Miami 3 weeks back was a light blue (so was Allure in Ft. Lauderdale / Everglades the next week). The master plan is murky if there is one 😟

My wife and daughter never put theirs on, at check in it went directly on their lanyard, and there it stayed all week.

Ahhhhhh

For many years I’ve volunteered at a gaming convention with our youngest.   This will probably be our last year that we can do it as they are moving on to the next phase of their life.  

Today, I showed my vax card to get my wristband for the weekend 

Guess what kind of wristband it is…..

1 hour ago, MrMarc said:

If I get one of those I think I will cut it and try to melt the end so it doesn't frey.  So if you hear about a passenger on a cruise ship suffering burns on their wrist, it'll probably be me.

With a quick pass with a lighter, I was able to keep mine from fraying.

IMG_1741.thumb.jpg.42e30e2f0c72467c13df53209616f268.jpg

On 12/8/2021 at 10:20 PM, MattG said:

On Anthem now, we have white rubber (removable) bracelets. 

On the Anthem now…at check in they gave us paper wristbands that can only be cut off or broken. Then after dinner, the room attendant came with a white satin band with a letter asking us to replace the temporary paper bands with the satin. We had the rubber wrist bands on the Anthem on Nov 8, 14 and 28th cruises. I guess they ran out of the rubber ones and now we’re back to satin. Sheeesh!

9 hours ago, BrianB said:

On the Anthem now…at check in they gave us paper wristbands that can only be cut off or broken. Then after dinner, the room attendant came with a white satin band with a letter asking us to replace the temporary paper bands with the satin. We had the rubber wrist bands on the Anthem on Nov 8, 14 and 28th cruises. I guess they ran out of the rubber ones and now we’re back to satin. Sheeesh!

Strange! We were given the rubber ones during check-in at port. We did have plain, white "Tyvek" wristbands for activities (rock climbing, FlowRider, etc).

Enjoy! First and last days are brutally cold, but it gets better (WARMER!) as the week goes by!

I've noticed someone on my current cruise wearing a rubber wristband even though we were issued the satin ones. I'm guessing it's from a previous cruise. I'm thinking that's a good idea. I have lots of assorted-color rubber bands from my previous cruises. I'll bring them all with me on my next cruise in case they issue satin again. Hopefully I'll have a rubber one of the same color.

12 hours ago, BrianB said:

I've noticed someone on my current cruise wearing a rubber wristband even though we were issued the satin ones. I'm guessing it's from a previous cruise. I'm thinking that's a good idea. I have lots of assorted-color rubber bands from my previous cruises. I'll bring them all with me on my next cruise in case they issue satin again. Hopefully I'll have a rubber one of the same color.

It’s hit or miss.. but sometimes guest services will have the silicone band as well as the cloth band.