Satin Ribbon Wristband Tip

PG Cruiser

12 minutes ago, twangster said:

I have discovered putting the small black retainer carefully into the crack between the bathroom door and the cabin wall on the hinge side then carefully closing the door will crack the black clip in two. 

Wow. Great bot move.  Do you have any recommendations for a jail break (I mean the REAL jail) or solitary confinement ?  Safe cracking ?  Handcuffs ?

35 minutes ago, twangster said:

I have discovered putting the small black retainer carefully into the crack between the bathroom door and the cabin wall on the hinge side then carefully closing the door will crack the black clip in two. 

Do you do this with the band on your wrist?

We had the silk ribbon bands and neither of us had any issues.  I used my non-dominant hand and it never bothered me,  It dried very quickly and did not unravel or begin to fray.  I pretty much did not even realize it was on my wrist because I woke up at home the day after my cruise ended and it was still on my wrist!!  So I cut it off...

2 minutes ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

We had the silk ribbon bands and neither of us had any issues.  I used my non-dominant hand and it never bothered me,  It dried very quickly and did not unravel or begin to fray.  I pretty much did not even realize it was on my wrist because I woke up at home the day after my cruise ended and it was still on my wrist!!  So I cut it off...

We are on a back to back and got a rubber one for the second cruise. While trying to slip the green band off, I accidentally tightened it.  The crew member giving out the new ones told me that Guest Services would cut it off, but there’s been a line every time I walk by.  

At home, I carry a pocket knife with me all the time, but obviously can’t here. 

19 minutes ago, MaryCS62 said:

What if the passenger has very large wrists (DH is VERY large boned, this does NOT look like it will fit!)

Don’t know. I’m assuming they have something else, as you are correct…they are not very stretchy. I know of quite a few people who won’t be able to comfortably fit these on.

I’ll stop by guest services later and ask…….stand by!

5 hours ago, teddy said:

I can’t get the damn thing off. Every time I go by guest services there is a long line. 

My wife has smaller wrists/hands and was able to slide hers off yesterday morning.  All I did was make mine tighter.  I’m getting no sympathy from her.  😁

I’ll ask our cabin steward if she has scissors when I see her 

41A94CA1-D0DE-4169-9125-62105D3B0E3F.jpeg

I found that if you keep turning the plastic while applying a steady pull, it will loosen.

1 hour ago, MaryCS62 said:

What if the passenger has very large wrists (DH is VERY large boned, this does NOT look like it will fit!)

Guest services says; for those who have difficulty fitting it on (there’s only one size)…as long as it’s visible on an outer garment, it’s good.

I would never put one of these bracelets, paper, satin or other, onto my dominant hand.  I say this thinking of the bathroom issue-which hand do you wipe with?, is there a chance the bracelet is touching anything you wouldn't want it to?  Enough said.

I have a small sewing kit I carried on my last cruise.  I left the satin band loose enough to slide off my wrist and sewed the edges to the rest of the band.  Just a couple of non professional stitches.  I put cheap scissors in my checked bag.  no one removed them, so I was able to easily cut that thread, otherwise I would have used nail clippers.

42 minutes ago, Pattycruise said:

I would never put one of these bracelets, paper, satin or other, onto my dominant hand.  I say this thinking of the bathroom issue-which hand do you wipe with?, is there a chance the bracelet is touching anything you wouldn't want it to?  Enough said.

I have a small sewing kit I carried on my last cruise.  I left the satin band loose enough to slide off my wrist and sewed the edges to the rest of the band.  Just a couple of non professional stitches.  I put cheap scissors in my checked bag.  no one removed them, so I was able to easily cut that thread, otherwise I would have used nail clippers.

4 hours ago, teddy said:

We are on a back to back and got a rubber one for the second cruise. While trying to slip the green band off, I accidentally tightened it.  The crew member giving out the new ones told me that Guest Services would cut it off, but there’s been a line every time I walk by.  

At home, I carry a pocket knife with me all the time, but obviously can’t here. 

Keep a pair of these in my toiletry bag, they go on every trip, no problem

Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 3.41.02 PM.png

I couldn’t even tell you where any scissors in our house are.  I always have a pocket knife or Leatherman with me so it’s never been an issue. 

I bring all kinds of things with me when I travel, but this is the first time I needed scissors.  Lesson learned. 

I tried cutting the tail off of mine with my nail clippers.  They had zero effect on them, so I gave up, just dealt with it all week, attempted to escape it in the Lyft on the way to the airport, nearly had to divert to an emergency room, gave up again and cut it off when I got home.

Last week's cruise out of Galveston the folks at the check-in asked us if we wanted it on tight or loose. We had ours loose where we could slip it on and off when we wanted so we could sleep without it and take it off at our shore excursions. The wife actually put hers on her lanyard and kept it there all week. No problems.

• 2 weeks later...

You can slip the black retaining clip off by pulling the band through it when you first get it and can still get it off your wrist.  Then you just have the band.  

Since I wear an Apple watch I lay the vax band across my watch band before closing my watch band, then I tuck the excess between my watch band and wrist.  

This allows me to remove it to shower and re-apply it when leaving my cabin and I don't have the black plastic clip getting in my way when I use my laptop or do anything else.

1064611097_IMG_2701copy.thumb.jpg.ecbd810f411dd2a4f34b76d7892f20b0.jpg

1524067940_IMG_2699copy.thumb.jpg.7752fe66aba1268f0e999b9bc212fbb3.jpg

I still find it funny that this topic has 3 PAGES. I am part of the ND team so I know I get picky about certain things but I'm just like looking at the scrunchie I wear on my wrist and realizing it's literally the same thing. So worst case when I get to wearing one I'll just wrap it with my scrunchie.

I also really like seeing everyone's "hacks" for handling this.

4 hours ago, twangster said:

You can slip the black retaining clip off by pulling the band through it when you first get it and can still get it off your wrist.  Then you just have the band.  

Since I wear an Apple watch I lay the vax band across my watch band before closing my watch band, then I tuck the excess between my watch band and wrist.  

This allows me to remove it to shower and re-apply it when leaving my cabin and I don't have the black plastic clip getting in my way when I use my laptop or do anything else.

1064611097_IMG_2701copy.thumb.jpg.ecbd810f411dd2a4f34b76d7892f20b0.jpg

1524067940_IMG_2699copy.thumb.jpg.7752fe66aba1268f0e999b9bc212fbb3.jpg

Ugh. Why couldn't you have posted this a day ago... The result of a day after dull scissors at next cruise.

Trying to get a new one at guest services but the line is a mile long.

PXL_20211122_222426051.thumb.jpg.d6aff19fab7fb76f5738599096f5de41.jpg