Deciding between 2 cruises

Kascruises

I have booked an eastern Caribbean cruise in February on odyssey of the seas for 6 days. Just checked online and we can go to the western Caribbean for 8 days on allure of the seas for $1,000 less. We have two girls 5 and 6 and have never cruised before. Should I keep with original and cruise on the newest boat or save the money and go an extra 2 days?

With ports seeming to change all the time and our options for excursions limited because of vaccinations and age we’re conflicted. 

Personally, I would go for the longer cruise on Allure.  And I love the Quantum class.  But, more nights, for less?  The only caveat for me would be that I prefer Eastern over Western. Just a personal preference. Your kids will be wowed on either class, but for them, I think Oasis class has the edge. 🙂

Happy cruising, whichever you decide! 🙂

8 minutes ago, barbeyg said:

Personally, I would go for the longer cruise on Allure.  And I love the Quantum class.  But, more nights, for less?  The only caveat for me would be that I prefer Eastern over Western. Just a personal preference. Your kids will be wowed on either class, but for them, I think Oasis class has the edge. 🙂

Happy cruising, whichever you decide! 🙂

Totally agree go the longer one. But i do like the eastern better but hey more nights less money, I'm there.  It's a cruise how can you go wrong.  

Assuming you booked a non refundable deposit it isn't as simple as just changing your mind.  

If you booked through a travel agent I'd talk with them about it.  If booked directly you'll have to do some negotiating to move without fees.

The one saving grace right now is Cruise with Confidence (CWC).  This allows you to cancel a cruise and receive your deposit back in the form on a future cruise credit (FCC) but that can take 30 days to receive.  Sometimes Royal will allow you to move the cruise without fees if they know you are going to uses CWC to effect the move anyways but that isn't a sure thing.

The normal cancelation fees are $100 of the deposit per person with the balance of the deposit per person returned in the form of an FCC. 

So before you decide that you do want to change ships make sure you understand all the terms and conditions of the booking.