Foreign traveller test location query

Jimmy

Hi all, I’m due to join the Independence of the Seas on the 12th November, and I’m flying in from the UK on the 9th November. In order to fly into the US, I need a neg PCR result which is fine, but that result will have expired by the time I join the ship on the 12th. I’ve organised a test to be delivered to my hotel to join the ship, but my concern is I’m reading a lot of posts about the liquid being empty on receipt of the test kit, so I’m keen to mitigate this.

Are there any local test sites to Cape Canaveral which I could book in with and get a test done which would satisfy the requirements of entry to the ship? Many thanks!

Jimmy

We were traveling from Canada and in a similar situation to yours. We used CVS. It was free and they didn’t even ask if we were international travelers. Results were back in less than an hour.   Only catch is you may have to drive a bit or take a long Uber to the different test sites, as they didn’t seem to be in tourist type spots. 

On 10/22/2021 at 4:51 PM, bryresangel said:

Welcome! Hubby and I are also on that cruise,  so cheers to that! 

I would check CVS and/or Walgreens pharmacies. It sounds like they are only booking a few days out, so you wouldn't have to worry about availability, and they offer the type of test you would need. 

Oh excellent! Who knows, we may even bump into each other! My partner plays Sandy in Grease on the ship so will be seeing her for the first time since June (all being well). 

Thanks for the feedback, seems like there are a few options if the one I order from Royal isn’t as it should be when it arrives. I’ll look into CVS now. Thanks again!