Unlimited dining plan

Minasilly33

I was wondering how quick the unlimited dining plan sells out. I had just booked for May 29 sailing out of Cape liberty and was looking at dining plans.  I wish I knew that the pre-sail sale ended last night.  I would have bought it. I'm hoping I can wait till they have another sale but I'm not sure how often they happen and if the ultimate dining plan will still be available. Could anyone offer me some insight? Thank you! 

It is actually hard to gauge as there hasn't been a clear pattern. It has sold out and come back two or three times on a few of my sailings. I would say if this is something you really want, buy it now and hope for the best. They will have some sort of "sale" often, so that won't be an issue.

Yep - the Allure October 31st sailing had it sold out for the last 2 weeks until yesterday when it opened up again. Open, close, open, close, sell out, cancel... Just be persistent and check as much as you can. When you board you might have an opportunity to purchase as well, but if you are a planner then that will make you bonkers.

1 hour ago, Minasilly33 said:

I was wondering how quick the unlimited dining plan sells out. I had just booked for May 29 sailing out of Cape liberty and was looking at dining plans.  I wish I knew that the pre-sail sale ended last night.  I would have bought it. I'm hoping I can wait till they have another sale but I'm not sure how often they happen and if the ultimate dining plan will still be available. Could anyone offer me some insight? Thank you! 

As the others have said, there really isn't a good indication of timing quite yet....but since your cruise is a good ways out yet, I wouldn't worry about it selling out in the near term.  ...and sales come and go.  If I were you, I would wait until the next sale, buy it and then check periodically to see if the price goes down.

21 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

As the others have said, there really isn't a good indication of timing quite yet....but since your cruise is a good ways out yet, I wouldn't worry about it selling out in the near term.  ...and sales come and go.  If I were you, I would wait until the next sale, buy it and then check periodically to see if the price goes down.

What about Black Friday sales?

17 minutes ago, Minasilly33 said:

Thanks for all the helpful replies. I tend to get anxious about dumb things and for me the ultimate dining plan is a must. I'll check back periodically and keep and eye on the royal caribbean website. Thanks again y'all!

Not dumb at all !  The UDP is a must for us, too.  Nobody wants to pay more than they have to !