Different RoyalUp Options

frannyyyx3

Has anyone changed their booked room types/categories and received new room categories to choose from on RoyalUp? Especially after final payment?

I booked an ultra spacious ocean view  room (no balcony) on Symphony of the Seas for 10/30/21, which was more expensive than a Boardwalk balcony & ocean view balcony. I was only given the options to RoyalUp to a neighborhood balcony, ocean view balcony, spacious balcony, ultra spacious balcony and a junior suite. I read posts for the same exact cruise I am on that someone who booked a ocean view balcony was given Sky class suite options all the way up to a 2 bedroom owner's suite. I was considering downgrading to an ocean view balcony in order to get better upgrade options but I'm afraid that I won't get different options and since I am 9 days out, I am wondering if it would update to different options? Would I also be able to get a refund or an OBC for the difference in the downgrade? I was really hoping to get an upgrade due to the reduced capacity.

Thanks!

I booked a CP balcony on Symphony 10.23 and my best royal up offer was a JS. My assumption was that the list of options were tied to C&A status (I’m a newbie to RC) but that’s just pure speculation. 

i don’t think I would downgrade in hopes to get a better upgrade option. Only downgrade if it fits all your other needs. Royal Up should be a bonus, but not part of your decision rationale (imo)

This is just a data point but it does show that you do get different royal up options if your room changes.  We are booked on Oasis of the seas for December 19th 2021.  Originally we were in the Ultimate Panoramic suite and got a royal up offer for 2br ats, star loft, owners panoramic suite and royal loft suite.  The Royal loft had a min id of like 3K per person.

I kept checking room availability because while I really liked the ultimate panoramic suite I really wanted a balcony.  The day after the above royal up bid was sent I saw that the owners panoramic suite became available and I snagged it.

A couple days later I received a new royal up bid this time just for the royal loft suite with a minimum bid of 500pp.

So they will change your royal up offers if you change room categories.

RoyalUp targets or makes offers based on where you are starting.  This is done so that there are bids to fill through the line of succession. 

When a GS bids on a Star class they want people in balconies to bid on that GS.  If balcony could bid on Star class they may not bid on the GS.  Same with the upgrades an interior cabin are offered.  They want those guests bidding on the balcony so when the balcony bids on the GS they have someone willing to pay for a balcony.  

The combined upgrades that fall into place are greater than one upgrade to Star.  

• 1 month later...

In an effort to NOT start another RoyalUp thread, i'm putting my question here since it is relavant.

Say you win an RoyalUp bid, but do not find out until close to your cruise and have already printed your bag tags for the ship.  Does royal get your luggage to the right place even if you forget to tell them about the cabin change?  Or what if you find out you "won" as you are boarding and have already dropped your bags off with the other tags.

Thanks.

32 minutes ago, Reigert2008 said:

In an effort to NOT start another RoyalUp thread, i'm putting my question here since it is relavant.

Say you win an RoyalUp bid, but do not find out until close to your cruise and have already printed your bag tags for the ship.  Does royal get your luggage to the right place even if you forget to tell them about the cabin change?  Or what if you find out you "won" as you are boarding and have already dropped your bags off with the other tags.

Thanks.

I was awarded my Royal Up 3 days prior to sailing and they still generated new luggage tags.  However, if you don't get them, simply don't use the old ones and have the porters tag your luggage with tags they manually fill in themselves with  your new room number.

A bit unrelated but here goes anyway…we were awarded Royal Up on Symphony sailing in Oct (2days notification). Had no issues printing new luggage tags at home. 

Apparently our upgraded room still showed as empty on the cabin logs for the floor as did not have any cabin service on embarkation day, nor next morning. A quick call to Guest Service got it squared away though. 

There is no logic to it, My brother and I were both in JS on Adventure this last summer and both booked in JS initially, we paid the same and booked at the same time on a three way call with Royal. We both got offers and bid the exact same amounts for GS and OS. He got his GS two days before me and could print luggage tags immediately. I got my acceptance about a day before the flight and never was able to print tags, still showed the old room right until I got on the flight, then tried in the business center at the hotel in Nassau an hour before our check in, still listed old tags. But like Speednoodles said, it was no issue, the porters made my tags at check in, luggage got to my room at the same time as his so it wasn't an issue at all and i didn't need to pack a stapler. I worried for no reason, pre printed ags are a convenience for them, not you, they will take care of you no matter what.