Crown & Anchor On Board Offers - 2021/2022 Edition

twangster

On 10/21/2021 at 7:50 PM, IRMO12HD said:

@PG CruiserSo in your experience, the coffee card works on more than one ship?  Yay! 🙂  Maybe I will purchase one for my upcoming Freedom cruise (no DBP) and then use it on Navigator in January . . .  Do they not check where the card is from, or is it just transferable from ship to ship?  I've read differing accounts.

One of our RCCL ships would NOT take an old card with some coffee's left on it.  I think it was the ALLURE. Harmony didn't check the card however [if from another cruise].  Also, we really liked getting specialty coffee at the Central Park Park Cafe as our cabin was on deck 8 [nearby] on the ALLURE.  But on Harmony, that Park Cafe did not serve specialty coffee [just regular].  The only place we found for specialty coffee was the central prominade on Harmony.  Ambience is important to us...that 'coffee shop' feel, or a general tranquil setting which RCCL fails on some of their ships IOO [Serenade comes to mind].  Central Park is good [as mentioned]...but Prominade setting often chaotic...busy; same with windjammer [have found specialty served there on some ships]. Lattitudes, for example, on Serenade sort was the pits.  Something about coffee in a paper cup is like grabbing a quick convenience store coffee on the way to work; something not as 'satisfying'...after all, at $4+ a whack...well, our best 'coffee' experience was on Celebrity EDGE...and...wait for it...MSC Armonia [go figure].  Just our opinions of course.  

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, GunnerGuy said:

Does anyone know if these will continue into May? I'm a gold member sailing Allure at that time? Also curious how do the coupons works are the loaded on your seapass or physical coupons? 

Everything is loaded onto your seapass. I wouldn't expect any major changes to these offers, they have been largely the same for years.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Redshoe said:

Do kids get both the Youth offers AND their specific tier offers? For example, can they use the 50% Ben & Jerry’s and also their Platinum offers for Johnny Rockets?

Only variable tier specific perks listed on the youth letter such as Diamond drink vouchers or Voom internet discounts will apply to youth. 

Using the Allure or Brilliance youth letters from above:

image.thumb.jpeg.eadc87229e4b5bb6013a60da83ac3b97.jpeg

The youth letter does not mention JR milkshakes so that perk won't be available to youth.  

Having said that you can ask and maybe your ship will allow it.

C&A has me listed as Pre-Gold 8 points, does that give me anything for my upcoming Ovation of the Seas 8 day. I am Solo and booked during the double points offer.

Someone said I would be Emerald after completing this cruise. How is that possible?

6 minutes ago, skings8 said:

C&A has me listed as Pre-Gold 8 points, does that give me anything for my upcoming Ovation of the Seas 8 day. I am Solo and booked during the double points offer.

Someone said I would be Emerald after completing this cruise. How is that possible?

Is this your first cruise with Royal?

14 minutes ago, skings8 said:

Sailed a 4 day cruise many years ago, guess that why 8 points

If you sailed a cruise with Royal before you should be Gold.  

Your 8 day Ovation cruise will be eligible for the double points promotion if it was booked before Sept. 30, 2021.  

If you are solo in a double occupancy cabin you will receive an extra point per night for being solo.  Without the double points promotion normally a solo would get 16 points when booking a double occupancy cabin.  With the double points promotion you double that, so 16 x 2 = 32 points.

If you have 8 points now you will have 40 points a week of so after the Ovation cruise ends, assuming you booked the cruise before Sept. 30, 2021.

40 points will be Platinum.  Once you reach 50 points you will be Emerald.  

• 1 month later...
57 minutes ago, Larry Muster said:

I've never seen the 30% off the Deluxe Beverage Package, or must have missed it.  To get this benefit do I have to buy it on the ship or can I cruse planner it?

These are all onboard offers so you can't use it before boarding.  Once onboard they don't advertise the 30% off for D+, just ask for it when buying the drink package on board.  

On 5/17/2022 at 8:50 AM, twangster said:

Onboard offer letters from Quantum May 2022 (Alaska).

Gold

image.thumb.jpeg.0b6f0f03553c764dcc16f607daf3f50c.jpeg

Platinum

image.thumb.jpeg.b3ac5b4064fb9de36b501e675b8ae128.jpeg

Emerald

image.thumb.jpeg.cff963cb1f1928e48e7b20cc0cb39f3b.jpeg

Diamond

image.thumb.jpeg.2a7ae08d93b7bcc3ebbeaed9993e755c.jpeg

Diamond Plus

image.thumb.jpeg.e5cf39ab0759a9920f62cf8e1819c63c.jpeg

Pinnacle

image.thumb.jpeg.f6769f93ad11d189722fcf13fff0fe94.jpeg

Youth

image.thumb.jpeg.f03ae0c39fb8ab2c3c9b60765ca1d357.jpeg

If both my wife and I are Diamond, do we both get the discount on the press/dry cleaning and laundry bag, or is it only one per stateroom? 

1 hour ago, wordell1 said:

If both my wife and I are Diamond, do we both get the discount on the press/dry cleaning and laundry bag, or is it only one per stateroom? 

Both of you get it !  The laundry is a very under-appreciated perk.  Dan and I each send out a bag and it’s awesome !

30 minutes ago, melmar02 said:

@WAAAYTOOO Do you know how early we can take advantage of the laundry service? We have a pre-cruise land tour and are hoping to be able to get some laundry sent out on day 1 or 2. 

I think it depends on the ship.  A while back we sailed on a ship (sorry, can’t remember which one) that only permitted you to use the laundry service on a certain day (Wednesday, as I recall).  That is not the norm.  Almost all of the time you can turn in laundry any time so long as they have time to get it back to you before disembarkation.  Usually if you turn it in by day 5 (of a 7 night cruise) that gives them enough time to get it done and back to you. Best thing to do is ask the Concierge (if you’re in a suite) before boarding or just speak to the room attendant ASAP after boarding.  The room attendant will be the one to handle the laundry for you so they will know.

• 2 months later...

I just spoke with the LA onboard to ensure I understood it correctly.

My first question was regarding age for "youth" as defined by the CAS.

A. Youth is any age 17 and under.  Could be a 2 year old or 6, 8 or 15 year old, etc.  Anything below 18.

I gave an example of a D+ family.  She confirmed that a D+ youth is eligible for drink vouchers (non-alcoholic)  and Voom days.  She also said that a youth Diamond drink voucher can be applied for a JR milkshake.

She then brought up the scenario of Pinnacle youth.  In my mind this would be a very small subset since dependent youth do not convey Pinnacle status, only a dependent spouse, or so I thought.  Nope.  Pinnacle youth now get free internet like their Pinnacle parents she told me.  She had a Pinnacle youth on board four cruises ago and confirmed they were given Pinnacle benefits but not the points.  Once they turn 18 their own "Individual" points kick back in and that will be their level on board.

9 hours ago, dmattinson said:

2 cruises this year as gold, no offers in my cabin. Something to look out for next time…

If you don't get the offers sheet by the end of the 2nd day of your cruise, go and speak to the loyalty ambassador. 

On 5/21/2022 at 3:50 PM, melmar02 said:

@WAAAYTOOO Do you know how early we can take advantage of the laundry service? We have a pre-cruise land tour and are hoping to be able to get some laundry sent out on day 1 or 2. 

have that conversation with your room steward, we've always found them to be very helpful and willing to "hook you up" if they can.   

• 2 months later...
15 minutes ago, FJ28 said:

Are these offers per stateroom or per person?  Last sailing we where told it was per stateroom.

Would like to try and clarify.  We are both emerald.

Who told you that? 

It's always been per person... 

Let's say someone is a diamond level. 

So it's 4 drinks per person, per day. 

Not 4 per cabin, which would be just 2 p/p. 

17 minutes ago, FJ28 said:

Are these offers per stateroom or per person?  Last sailing we where told it was per stateroom.

Would like to try and clarify.  We are both emerald.

Most are per person.  CAS on board benefits don't apply to the cabin.  For example if you shared a cabin with a brand new never cruised Royal guest they would have zero CAS on board perks (they wouldn't get your Emerald perks).  When two Diamond members sail they both get 4 drinks per day, etc... 

11 minutes ago, twangster said:

Most are per person.  CAS on board benefits don't apply to the cabin.  For example if you shared a cabin with a brand new never cruised Royal guest they would have zero CAS on board perks.  When two Diamond members sail they both get 4 drinks per day, etc... 

Hi, I'm still newish diamond level member. 

Do you know if 4 free drinks also apply for the 1st day?

which is more or less just half of day.

And last day's morning? Also 4 drinks ?

17 minutes ago, Vlad said:

Hi, I'm still newish diamond level member. 

Do you know if 4 free drinks also apply for the 1st day?

which is more or less just half of day.

And last day's morning? Also 4 drinks ?

From the second you step on board.  You won't have your SeaPass card yet since it's outside you cabin but any bar can look it up using your cabin number.  

Last morning is more variable.  Most bars are closed.   Some ships will honor it for special coffees and fresh OJ but there have been some reports of some ships saying no on the morning of debarkation.   Give it a shot.