Crown & Anchor On Board Offers - 2021/2022 Edition

twangster

3 minutes ago, dcr50usa said:

Thank-you so much we have been looking for a copy of emerald as that's what we will be when we start but will move to diamond before we get off

Congrats on making Diamond!  Be aware you are not officially Diamond until the points post to your account in the weeks following the cruise. Unless you are back to back taking consecutive cruises they don't update C&A status mid-cruise.

Nonetheless congratulations on making Diamond.  That comes with some really nice benefits.  

We've been on the fence about purchasing the drink package for our Alaska trip in June. Will we drink less because it isn't the Caribbean? Or will we drink the usual amount because we are still on vacation? I didn't consider we'll be diamond after our February cruise. With 4 drinks a day, I think we'll be set. That really does make a big difference in our decision at least. 

Does anyone happen to have the kids' benefits? I'm wondering if we can forego the refreshment package for them now too.

9 minutes ago, melmar02 said:

We've been on the fence about purchasing the drink package for our Alaska trip in June. Will we drink less because it isn't the Caribbean? Or will we drink the usual amount because we are still on vacation? I didn't consider we'll be diamond after our February cruise. With 4 drinks a day, I think we'll be set. That really does make a big difference in our decision at least. 

Does anyone happen to have the kids' benefits? I'm wondering if we can forego the refreshment package for them now too.

@Matt recently cruised with his kids and reported they also had the drink voucher benefit. 

In Alaska I like to be sharp.  Stay up late and/or get up early given the longer days with more sunlight hours.  I have found the drink package is counterintuitive for my goals of being alert, awake and outside as much as possible to soak in Alaska. 

45 minutes ago, twangster said:

@Matt recently cruised with his kids and reported they also had the drink voucher benefit. 

In Alaska I like to be sharp.  Stay up late and/or get up early given the longer days with more sunlight hours.  I have found the drink package is counterintuitive for my goals of being alert, awake and outside as much as possible to soak in Alaska. 

But refreshment package might be in order for those who choose to indulge in specialty coffee as the caffeine boost to aid in alertness.

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Congrats on making Diamond!  Be aware you are not officially Diamond until the points post to your account in the weeks following the cruise. Unless you are back to back taking consecutive cruises they don't update C&A status mid-cruise.

Nonetheless congratulations on making Diamond.  That comes with some really nice benefits.  

we will be on a B2B (lift & shift frm 2021) 81N and then consecutive B2B. Will be on the Brilliance from 17 Jan 22 to 5 Feb 22 with another 29N scheduled thru Feb 2023 waiting for the Fall 2023 schedule to chose possible cruises for on board bookings when we get to the ships (if not earlier lol)

1 hour ago, SKB said:

Twangster,  thank you for all your information,   New to Pinnacle here, are these items only available once you are on the ship?  Do I wait to get the internet?

Yes.  All C&A offers apply on board only.  

As a Pinnacle for example connect to the ship wifi and when you reach the Voom login page create a username and PIN code.  In the process it prompts you for name, cabin # and birth date.  Once it sees that you are Pinnacle you will be have a preloaded Voom plan at $0.00.  Select it and you are connected to the internet.  

You don't have to ask anyone for the internet or visit anyone, it's preloaded based on your name and cabin.  

15 minutes ago, dcr50usa said:

we will be on a B2B (lift & shift frm 2021) 81N and then consecutive B2B. Will be on the Brilliance from 17 Jan 22 to 5 Feb 22 with another 29N scheduled thru Feb 2023 waiting for the Fall 2023 schedule to chose possible cruises for on board bookings when we get to the ships (if not earlier lol)

I'm on her late February.  Brilliance is a great ship and Tampa such an easy port to sail from.

5 minutes ago, twangster said:

I'm on her late February.  Brilliance is a great ship and Tampa such an easy port to sail from.

You bet!!!  We took her for a 5N "test" sailing before we took the Serenade (same cabin) for doing the southern Caribbean and we fell in love with the Park Cafe:) Prior cruises the one thing we noticed was the lack of "salty" snacks especially potato chips lol, our first cruise we actually broke down and bought a can of pringles and slowly ate the whole thing on the promenade of the Mariner. Since then we always take some "table snacks" that are easy to pack for the pool deck where we enjoy meeting/visiting with fellow cruisers and playing cards/dominos with them or our travel companions when not busy on ship/shore activities.

Just now, HeWhoWaits said:

But refreshment package might be in order for those who choose to indulge in specialty coffee as the caffeine boost to aid in alertness.

There’s a much cheaper coffee card for that.  I bought mine on the Allure and am now using leftover allocations on Freedom.

4 hours ago, PG Cruiser said:

There’s a much cheaper coffee card for that.  I bought mine on the Allure and am now using leftover allocations on Freedom.

@PG CruiserSo in your experience, the coffee card works on more than one ship?  Yay! 🙂  Maybe I will purchase one for my upcoming Freedom cruise (no DBP) and then use it on Navigator in January . . .  Do they not check where the card is from, or is it just transferable from ship to ship?  I've read differing accounts.

Thanks for this. Quick question... as a platinum member it says 15% off the internet package. Debating on buying it through the cruise planner now or just waiting til I get on board and maybe waiting until the 2nd day to get it, would i get 15% off the prorated amount for the remainder of the cruise? 

1 hour ago, Brando95 said:

Thanks for this. Quick question... as a platinum member it says 15% off the internet package. Debating on buying it through the cruise planner now or just waiting til I get on board and maybe waiting until the 2nd day to get it, would i get 15% off the prorated amount for the remainder of the cruise? 

Yes.  I’ve done that, waited until day 2 or 3 sometimes.  Discounts applies to the pro-rated price at time of purchase.  

For Diamond and Diamond Plus families with younger kids that can't or don't use Voom take note on the youth letter about the youth Voom "special value" offer.

I talked with the Loyalty Ambassador and he confirmed that youth get the same Voom offer that adults at that tier get.  A Diamond family of four will get a total of (4) day passes of Surf (one person person) and a Diamond Plus family of four will get a total of (8) day passes of Surf (two per person). 

If your kids don't use theirs, that gives the adults that much more free Voom.  

18 hours ago, IRMO12HD said:

@PG CruiserSo in your experience, the coffee card works on more than one ship?  Yay! 🙂  Maybe I will purchase one for my upcoming Freedom cruise (no DBP) and then use it on Navigator in January . . .  Do they not check where the card is from, or is it just transferable from ship to ship?  I've read differing accounts.

As far as Freedom is concerned, I can confirm that the coffee card purchased from another ship is accepted, no questions asked.  They did not even ask for my SeaPass card or any other ID.

• 2 months later...
  • twangster changed the title to Crown & Anchor On Board Offers - 2021/2022 Edition

Thought I was miss-remembering the original post on Anthem Dec 31 sailing.  That's when I saw this new policy put in place first hand.  Impactful changes for us pre-Diamond cruisers that do not buy the drink package, and knew how to maximize the benefit.  Unfortunately a sign of the times; we understand why its being done, just sucks thinking about it.

8 minutes ago, Qeyton Dude said:

Thought I was miss-remembering the original post on Anthem Dec 31 sailing.  That's when I saw this new policy put in place first hand.  Impactful changes for us pre-Diamond cruisers that do not buy the drink package, and knew how to maximize the benefit.  Unfortunately a sign of the times; we understand why its being done, just sucks thinking about it.

What is the impact for pre-Diamond cruisers? 

7 minutes ago, Qeyton Dude said:

We drink a lot of Beer and Wine, and enjoyed the 50% off by ordering two at a time;  when we hit Diamond (end of April) the four free drinks coupons will help make up for the policy change.

You still get two 50% off beer/wine coupons, each.  That's four for a couple.

That's effectively the same as the old BOGO but better.  You don't have to buy both at the same time now.  Under the old BOGO you technically had to buy one and get one right then and there and in some cases they made you get the same drink for the BOGO.

Now with two 50% coupons each you can use them whenever, one for beer, one later for wine.    

We will be Diamond Plus after the first of B2B cruises and have been told we will be given DP status for the 2nd cruise but be sure to tell the Loyalty Ambassador that fact during first sailing.

Does anyone know if the free or discounted wash and fold deals are on a per cabin basis or per occupant of the cabin? 

TIA

7 minutes ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

Thanks for these! Where can one find these on board?  With C&A discounts, Suite perks, and on-board offered discounts it's hard for me to keep up with everything we could take advantage of without seeing it written down in front of me

Aren't these delivered by the stateroom attendant on Day 1? That's what I seem to remember.

7 minutes ago, SPS said:

Aren't these delivered by the stateroom attendant on Day 1? That's what I seem to remember.

They are..should be waiting in the room when you arrive unless you did a last minute upgrade. If all else fails you can ask at Guest Services or the Loyalty Ambassador desk and they'll print you one out.

14 minutes ago, SPS said:

9 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

They are..should be waiting in the room when you arrive unless you did a last minute upgrade. If all else fails you can ask at Guest Services or the Loyalty Ambassador desk and they'll print you one out.

Thanks! I don't recall seeing one in the room on our last sailing but we also have all of the suite perks paperwork to go through that maybe it got jumbled in with that. Good to know that Guest Services will have them too.

On 1/19/2022 at 12:24 PM, twangster said:

You still get two 50% off beer/wine coupons, each.  That's four for a couple.

That's effectively the same as the old BOGO but better.  You don't have to buy both at the same time now.  Under the old BOGO you technically had to buy one and get one right then and there and in some cases they made you get the same drink for the BOGO.

Now with two 50% coupons each you can use them whenever, one for beer, one later for wine.    

I didn't realize that, good to know, Thanks

11 hours ago, SPS said:

They didn't deliver it on one of my recent cruises.  The girl at Guest Services had no clue what I was talking about.  I wasn't leaving until I got one.  She finally pulled out a book and pulled out the sheet of paper for me.  
I usually take pics of the specials from whatever I am offered so I can refer to them as needed.

11 hours ago, Pattycruise said:

They didn't deliver it on one of my recent cruises.  The girl at Guest Services had no clue what I was talking about.  I wasn't leaving until I got one.  She finally pulled out a book and pulled out the sheet of paper for me.  
I usually take pics of the specials from whatever I am offered so I can refer to them as needed.

Good to know. I think I'll save the pic of the platinum letter to my phone so I have a copy of it with me.

BTW, The fine print mentions getting  the list of Terms & Conditions from the Loyalty Ambassador's Desk. I wonder if that would be a better source for these letters instead of Guest Services.

image.png.84683dbf83a946dfec219f9d010f1a12.png

30 minutes ago, SPS said:

BTW, The fine print mentions getting  the list of Terms & Conditions from the Loyalty Ambassador's Desk. I wonder if that would be a better source for these letters instead of Guest Services.

LA desk is much better choice, sometime they even have them out sitting in a rack so if the LA isn't there at that moment

That's for the info!
Diamond 4 drinks per day at anytime is a pleasant change.  Up from 3 the last time we cruised.  This might be enough to keep us from purchasing the DBP.  DBP is high right now on our 9 day Oasis in August.  69.99/day.   4 drinks per day won't always cover the consumption but having to cover a couple drinks here and there will certainly be less than the DBP purchase for 2 on a 9 day sailing

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, SebagoSue said:

With the D+ specialty dining benefit, can you use it both nights 1 and 2, if both people in the cabin are D+? Also, if sailing solo, can you still use this benefit dining on different nights?  Thank you!

Yes.  Each person who is D+ has a BOGO.   Each can use it independently from the other.