Port of Miami hotels

Ferramc

I’m in the process of booking a one night pre-cruise stay in Miami.  3 of us will be getting in after 630pm and 2 others around 1pm (there are 2 more people joining us but they are going to book on their own). I checked into pricing for the Intercontinental and the and the Epic but I’m looking at over 1k for 2 bayside rooms.  I can book the doubletree in the same area for a lot less but would love to know if others have been happy there. The Marriott is another lower cost option.  We are going all out for this trip in other ways (we have the villa) and I wouldn’t mind spending extra if we were actually going to be there longer. The practical and thrifty side of me is cringing at spending that much just to sleep.  The bougie side of me says yolo.  😊Thanks for any guidance you can give.  

Not sure when your cruise is scheduled and hotel rooms do vary according to time of year especially holidays and spring/summer breaks.  One thing for sure...you have many options to choose from!

We are staying at the Holiday Inn-Port of Miami Downtown in 2 weeks and the price was quite reasonable ($151 total).  

6 hours ago, Ferramc said:

I can book the doubletree in the same area for a lot less but would love to know if others have been happy there.

I stayed at the DoubleTree and was perfectly fine with it. You didn't even have to go outside to get to the attached restaurant area and it's walkable to a Publix for anything you may need last minue. Quick and easy to Uber/Lyft to the port.

20191123_180259.thumb.jpg.0d9816129e39839c754f417c0c3a8f9d.jpg

20191123_180505.thumb.jpg.d585f629c2258a217632a82d5f5b1b3b.jpg

20191123_180456.thumb.jpg.8ef1ed64f33006fffdac2f1542ff3220.jpg

9 hours ago, Ferramc said:

I’m in the process of booking a one night pre-cruise stay in Miami.  3 of us will be getting in after 630pm and 2 others around 1pm (there are 2 more people joining us but they are going to book on their own). I checked into pricing for the Intercontinental and the and the Epic but I’m looking at over 1k for 2 bayside rooms.  I can book the doubletree in the same area for a lot less but would love to know if others have been happy there. The Marriott is another lower cost option.  We are going all out for this trip in other ways (we have the villa) and I wouldn’t mind spending extra if we were actually going to be there longer. The practical and thrifty side of me is cringing at spending that much just to sleep.  The bougie side of me says yolo.  😊Thanks for any guidance you can give.  

If you have the different apps, check out the Intercontinental (IHG); I just got a really good deal on a Bay View room for late November.  I found it by looking at Priceline first, and then found a lower price using the app.

I will be in the "2" part (literally -- December 3-5) of my Side-to-Side, and am staying at the Best Western in North Bay Village.  I got a really good deal on the room for the first night, and used BW points for the second.  It actually looks like a nice place to stay, and will give me a chance to explore.  Plus, they have a laundry!

40 minutes ago, Laurenb0380 said:

I'm staying at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami next week. It was only $161 and its right across the street from the Bayside Marketplace. Since my boarding time isn't until 2:30 I figured we could walk around there for a bid while our bags were still at the hotel.

I’m staying there on Nov 2 before my Nov 3 cruise. I would love to know how you like it and also how you get to the port from the hotel.  I will check back next week for your reply…if it’s not too much trouble?