ROYAL'S FIRST EVER WORLD CRUISE!!!

11 minutes ago, bryresangel said:

Do you think the price will drop if they don't get enough interest? Maybe I can convince hubby to book now in order to get money back later (total wishful thinking!) 

I doubt it, at least for the full cruise. Any remaining availability after the full cruise booking deadline will be converted to sales for the individual legs.

52 minutes ago, 12thman said:

Were you stationed there? We were. Loved living there!

Yes (husband USMC).  1989-1992.  Futenma Air Station.  We lived at Camp Kinser down by Naha.  I worked at Camp Lester (hospital).  It was a great experience.

Since then, I have been back a number of times as it is an operational site for the program that I work on.  It's always a treat to go back.

9 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Oh, shoot - I just realized that the itinerary is Dec '23-Feb '24 - we don't  retire until July '24.  Doubt my job will give me 3 months off, lol.

I will be retiring 2023-24 school year. First segment of the cruise is for me. No more teacher strikes for me.

14 minutes ago, GKMCruising said:

If they started doing this every few years, I can imagine you'd get a decent number of people who would do the whole thing in sections, similar to people hiking the Appalachian Trail.

We just had priced window room for two $138331.64

14 minutes ago, Jeanne said:

Yes also included deluxe beverage package, voom internet, wash and fold laundry, shore excursions to seven wonders of the world for platinum and above

Important to note the "wash and fold laundry" is up to 3 bags, per person, per week (I think RC prices each bag at $35 on normal cruises). 

I hate folding laundry, so I love that someone else would do it for me

This question would apply to any "world cruise", but how do you keep the theater entertainment fresh on 274 day cruise?  I can't imagine you watch the same 3-4 theater productions every week.   I can easily see how you bring fresh entertainers / acts like comedians, singers, magicians on throughout the cruise, but would expect the large productions to be limited over that period of time.

47 minutes ago, cruisellama said:

This question would apply to any "world cruise", but how do you keep the theater entertainment fresh on 274 day cruise?  I can't imagine you watch the same 3-4 theater productions every week.   I can easily see how you bring fresh entertainers / acts like comedians, singers, magicians on throughout the cruise, but would expect the large productions to be limited over that period of time.

Everyone gets a private showing!

22 hours ago, cruisellama said:

Lots of headliner shows and some local performers from the different ports 

Stage to Screen never gets old!  Okay, maybe it would after 39 times.

This is a great logistical question. If I had to guess, Royal Caribbean will probably create 7-8 shows, either based on existing licensed IP or original content, that has minimal or easy-to-load-in sets. They'll rehearse these in Miami, then ship to the next major port, and load-in when the ship arrives. On-board, they'll probably spend one week loading in the show and rehearsing on-stage, then run the show for 3 weeks, then load-out while the next show loads in. This is typically how major road houses in the USA work with Broadway touring shows. 

Alternately, they may have 5-6 shows in reparatory and rotate throughout the entire sailing, but that requires more storage space and more talent. It would be much easier to cycle the shows every few weeks. 

This is all in addition to the heavy use of "headliner" acts that they would source locally. 

1 hour ago, deep1 said:

Most I like... No Bora Bora? Thats inhuman. Best stop n that area...! Then I see them doing like others. Most cruises can be had around a 100 a night for plain Jane... This one is over $200 a night starting.  

Do other world cruises include all the inclusions that this one does? I've never looked at them before, so I am not sure what is "standard" and what isn't.