Public Health Emergency

TeresaMc

13 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

I don't know why this is shocking people. Lots of moving parts that also include egos.

Can’t say I’m shocked. Irritated, annoyed, disappointed - yes.  Shocked - no.

Life has largely returned to normal in New Hampshire.  Some masks here and there, but that’s it.

Yeah not shocking people on this board per se but people are really shocked on FB. Lots are saying if PHE is extended then CSO will be and their Jan+ cruises will still have testing, mask, etc. I saw lots were excited because vax for 5-11 might get approved after Nov 3rd, so they thought things would snap back to normal.

3 hours ago, steverk said:

I've said all along that it is too much fun for the people who normally work in the background to be thrust in to the limelight.  They won't relinquish their new found power until forced to do so.

40 minutes ago, bryresangel said:

Does anyone know why there is still a PHE? As more and more people are getting vaccinated, the risk of severe symptoms is declining (at least from what I have read). If people are getting COVID, but aren't getting as sick, aren't we moving more into the "treat it like the flu" phase?

1 hour ago, bryresangel said:

Does anyone know why there is still a PHE? As more and more people are getting vaccinated, the risk of severe symptoms is declining (at least from what I have read). If people are getting COVID, but aren't getting as sick, aren't we moving more into the "treat it like the flu" phase?

Money allocations and certain other things can only be done under an "emergency" declaration, otherwise too much red tape. Leaving their options open in case they need it - easier to extend an existing one that institute a new one, most likely.

4 hours ago, Jkaczano said:

Can’t say I’m shocked. Irritated, annoyed, disappointed - yes.  Shocked - no.

Life has largely returned to normal in New Hampshire.  Some masks here and there, but that’s it.

Then NH is in a bubble.  4 people that worked for my company have died from COVID in the past month.  There was a moment of silence for them at the board meeting today.

Or maybe because there is still an emergency going on as defined by actual experts, even if the internet experts disagree.  Just because you haven't felt the effects of it, millions of others have, and still are.  It's not like Yurtle the Turtle, you don't have to see it yourself for it to be real.  I also wonder if anyone who thinks this is wrong has considered that they are not seeing the cases because of the precautions that are in place, in other words maybe it is working, and we should not stop it yet.

8 minutes ago, MrMarc said:

Or maybe because there is still an emergency going on as defined by actual experts, even if the internet experts disagree.  Just because you haven't felt the effects of it, millions of others have, and still are.  It's not like Yurtle the Turtle, you don't have to see it yourself for it to be real.  I also wonder if anyone who thinks this is wrong has considered that they are not seeing the cases because of the precautions that are in place, in other words maybe it is working, and we should not stop it yet.

Yup, I see cases plummet in FL with no State issued mask mandates and vaccine mandates! 

Tell us who the Actual Experts are? I would really like to know....

12 minutes ago, MrMarc said:

Are these the Public Health experts that deny natural immunity and still mandate vaccines for those who have already had Covid?