Covid Rapid Antigen proctored home kit question

kittysoul

Can anyone tell me what hours they are available to call for the test.  I am trying to figure out whether we should try to do our test when we are still at home before we fly to Miami on a Thursday morning, or wait till we get to our hotel to take the test.  I would prefer to take it before we left home, but didnt know how early they are available to take the call for the test?

"Call for the test?" What does this mean? We are scheduled for a rapid antigen at CVS two days before Cruise because we always travel (fly) a day early and stay at a hotel. Does "call for a test" refer to Royal Caribbean offering testing? If so, would someone please elaborate? Thanks!

19 minutes ago, Paul K. said:

"Call for the test?" What does this mean? We are scheduled for a rapid antigen at CVS two days before Cruise because we always travel (fly) a day early and stay at a hotel. Does "call for a test" refer to Royal Caribbean offering testing? If so, would someone please elaborate? Thanks!

This is in reference to the at-home Abbott Binax test - you have to do the test online with a proctor observing, so she wanted to know what hours the proctors are available (which is 24/7).

Hi there, I’m due to join the independence on 12th November, I’m travelling from the UK now the travel ban is due to be lifted on the 8th for vaccinated tourists. Unfortunately my PCR fit to fly test will not be valid for the ship due to time constraints so I need to order a test to be delivered to my hotel. 

the question is, has anyone had any issues with delivery of the Royal C at home test? I’m getting it delivered to my hotel and collecting there but trying to think of mitigations in case it doesn’t arrive or gets lost. Thanks!

We have not had any issues of test kit deliveries. Make sure you order it early and have it waiting at the hotel and they know it is coming. Wish we were closer, we have several extra tests that expire in December that we will not be using and I could just give you one. Texas is as they say here "a fur piece" from Florida.

18 minutes ago, B&S said:

Do you have to order a 2-pack per person or does one pack work for both people?  I understand there's a chance that Zoom will lose connection...does that happen often in personal experience?

Each person needs a test, so you'd need the two pack. Personally I'd make sure to have an extra on top of that in case something goes wrong with one (knock the test card off the table, or the solution bottle is dry). 

On 10/22/2021 at 3:53 PM, CrznTxn said:

We have not had any issues of test kit deliveries. Make sure you order it early and have it waiting at the hotel and they know it is coming. Wish we were closer, we have several extra tests that expire in December that we will not be using and I could just give you one. Texas is as they say here "a fur piece" from Florida.

Thank you for the feedback, and a freebie test would have been great! I’ll order the test kit 1 week out for my arrival to the hotel, which would be 10 days out from the cruise boarding date (think that should be enough time) and I’ve read that Walgreens and CVS do the relevant testing with near on immediate results if I need to for any reason the test shipped is faulty or doesn’t arrive etc.

On 10/24/2021 at 9:13 AM, DunwoodyDad said:

If I could add onto the original question, does anyone know if the proctor sessions are available on holidays?  We are sailing on 12/27 and I’m starting to get nervous about testing in either a CVS or at-home situation due with closings happening on and around Christmas. 

The at-home tests are 24/7