number of ships at Cococay

egd207

I was wondering if there was an easy way to figure out how many ships will be at Cococay the same day that my ship will be.  Going in April 2022 and know we probably will be back to full capacity by that time.  It just seems to me multiple ships docked at the same time will make the area very busy.

A spin-off question from this...The day we are at Coco Cay on Harmony, we get in at 9 am.  Independence gets in 2 hours earlier. 

Does anyone know how cabanas are distributed?  I'm wondering if I have already been assigned the Chill Island cabana I reserved, or if I will end up with whatever is left after all the Indy folks who reserved one show up ahead of me?  And does it even matter or is location not really an issue and all cabanas relatively equal?

18 minutes ago, fa-li said:

A spin-off question from this...The day we are at Coco Cay on Harmony, we get in at 9 am.  Independence gets in 2 hours earlier. 

Does anyone know how cabanas are distributed?  I'm wondering if I have already been assigned the Chill Island cabana I reserved, or if I will end up with whatever is left after all the Indy folks who reserved one show up ahead of me?  And does it even matter or is location not really an issue and all cabanas relatively equal?

Cabanas are pre-assigned in advance. Rumor indicates they are assigned based on when the cabana was booked. No idea if that is accurate or not. Some reinforcement to being assigned in advance is your party's name is written on a little chalk board attached to the cabana.

If you had a particular cabana in mind I've heard some cases where the Shore Excursions desk can relay the request. Other reports have been "You get what you get".

On 10/21/2021 at 5:25 PM, CGTLH said:

Cabanas are pre-assigned in advance. Rumor indicates they are assigned based on when the cabana was booked. No idea if that is accurate or not. Some reinforcement to being assigned in advance is your party's name is written on a little chalk board attached to the cabana.

If you had a particular cabana in mind I've heard some cases where the Shore Excursions desk can relay the request. Other reports have been "You get what you get".

Interesting.  Thank you!  

Not sure I care what I get, was more just curious how it worked.  I think I can be happy in any situation where I'm lounging in the sun and being brought food and drink