Show Times and MDR Times

Jim D

Ive heard and perhaps they are just rumors about the bigger shows onboard only offering 1 showing?  It has been a long time since I have been on a cruise but I thoughts they used to have a earlier showing in the main theater for people who have the late seating in the MDR. And then a little later showing in the main theater for the folks who had the early seating in the MDR.  Because what I have heard is there is only 1 showing at 945 - which makes it hard for the 8pm diners to have a nice relaxed dinner with some cocktails and wine and be out of there to get to the theater by 930.  Is this only a Europe based thing or a smaller ship thing?  Has anyone else come across this?

6 minutes ago, Jim D said:

Ive heard and perhaps they are just rumors about the bigger shows onboard only offering 1 showing?  It has been a long time since I have been on a cruise but I thoughts they used to have a earlier showing in the main theater for people who have the late seating in the MDR. And then a little later showing in the main theater for the folks who had the early seating in the MDR.  Because what I have heard is there is only 1 showing at 945 - which makes it hard for the 8pm diners to have a nice relaxed dinner with some cocktails and wine and be out of there to get to the theater by 930.  Is this only a Europe based thing or a smaller ship thing?  Has anyone else come across this?

Haven't seen this on any recent live blogs or my last cruise in September.

36 minutes ago, Jim D said:

This is how they handled it on Serenade last week. So few passengers meant they really couldn't do two showtimes per night. So there was only at single show, at 930p, for everyone. They said it was to accommodate as many as possible, since most dining was done by then.

They also said as soon as there were more passengers they would resume the 2x per night shows.

4 minutes ago, KristiZ said:

This is how they handled it on Serenade last week. So few passengers meant they really couldn't do two showtimes per night. So there was only at single show, at 930p, for everyone. They said it was to accommodate as many as possible, since most dining was done by then.

They also said as soon as there were more passengers they would resume the 2x per night shows.

What time dining did you have in the MDR.  If at 8 - did you feel rushed?

4 minutes ago, Jim D said:

What time dining did you have in the MDR.  If at 8 - did you feel rushed?

We did not eat quite that late, but we found have found in the past that if we wanted out of the MDR in an hour or so it was very doable -- just review the menu ahead and let your server know when you'd like to be finished. No worries!

5 minutes ago, KristiZ said:

We did not eat quite that late, but we found have found in the past that if we wanted out of the MDR in an hour or so it was very doable -- just review the menu ahead and let your server know when you'd like to be finished. No worries!

Personally I dont know if that would work for me- I like long dinners - I recently went to dinner with a friend at a local resturant and it was a good 2.5 hours  lol...might have to switch to anytime dining if that is the case.