Pro Haiti Rally Blocking Entrance to Port Miami

13 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I guess I'm just too used to seeing 2000 people walking on i-35W.

These rallyists were not walking, they were lying on the road.  Not that many but they still blocked the entrance.  I panicked a bit because the cop told me there was no other way into the port.  Good thing I asked another cop who told me about the tunnel. Persistence pays ha ha

16 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I really thought the tunnel was the only way in.

Our Uber driver last time had to take an alternate route that didn't use the tunnel because the normal roads were closed because apparently people like to pay to get up early and run in the streets for medals.

We somehow ended up at a dead-end on the wrong side of fence to get to the terminal.  The non-tunnel way is for trucks and the like.

32 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Our Uber driver last time had to take an alternate route that didn't use the tunnel because the normal roads were closed because apparently people like to pay to get up early and run in the streets for medals.

I enjoy getting up early to run for medals. I would not, however, enjoy it on the roads in Miami. I'll stick to the mountains.  🤣

• 2 weeks later...