Liberty of the Seas

poider

G'day, I am thinking of taking Liberty out of Galveston and am just wondering, do most of you stay in Galveston or Houston or Austin, I am from Australia and don't know much about the states, Would love to fly to LA then make our way to Vegas and the Grand canyon then down to Galveston, is there an easy way to travel around the states other than flying.

Does the Liberty have Water slides?

Peter

You might consider flying to LA and renting a car one way. Go take in the sights you mention (plus a few more). Then turn in the rental in Galveston and board the ship. Get a transfer after the cruise to the airport. We did a variation on this in Alaska a few years back. I would figure at least 4/5 days for your driving portion. Sounds like a great trip.

Don't know if Liberty has water slides(I bet it does though).

I realize the distance, The US is very similar in size to Australia, we plan on stopping in Las Vegas for a couple of nights and maybe Flagstaff for a couple of nights.

Just trying to decide whether to hire a car or take a coach, would like to do the drive.

I figure that y'all drive on the other side of the road to us but I think seeing as I would have to get in the other sid eof teh car to drive it shouldn't be too hard to get used to.

Peter

Hiring a car is likely your cheaper option if the one way drop off charges aren't too high. They do offer Grand Canyon trips from Vegas, so could fly to Vegas, to three Grand Canyon, and then fly to Houston. Hobby is your better choice if an option.

• 2 weeks later...