Newbie question about disembarkation

Phych

Doing a 7 day cruise on the Symphony of the Seas from Miami. Flight out from MIA is 145p.

I'm planning to book Blacklane to take us to the airport but I'm not sure what time to book for. If we have an earlier disembarkation time and I book pickup for 10am (just as an example), would we be able to linger on the ship until our pickup time?

Also, I'm not familiar at all with the Port of Miami. Are pickups done where the ship docks, or are pickups routed to another area?

13 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

It depends on what Blacklane is considered.  Port of Miami has two pickup lanes.  One is busses and shuttles and the other is taxi, personal pickups and rideshare.  To be honest it gets to be quite a mess when a ship the size of Symphony debarks.  

I'm guessing taxi/personal/rideshare. Definitely won't be a bus. Are the lanes right next to the port?

10 hours ago, DandA said:

Everyone will be off the ship by 9:30 am, you can request a specific departure time and they will normally accommodate you. I would factor in 20-30 minutes from ship to baggage to customs to out on the curb.

Thanks! I'm guessing requesting for 9am disembarkation and arranging for 9:30am pickup.

1 hour ago, Phych said:

I'm guessing taxi/personal/rideshare. Definitely won't be a bus. Are the lanes right next to the port?

Both are right next to the port. The taxi, personal pickup and rideshare are the closer lanes.  It's just a mess after a ship debarks that it's hard to find your ride and sometimes hard for someone picking up to time it because it gets really backed up. The shuttle lane goes a lot smoother. Your flight is late enough that you really don't have to sweat it though. Also if your car service is familiar with Port of Miami they should know exactly what to tell you as far as where to wait to get picked up.