CVS Travel COVID Testing

Hi all. Not sure if you all know this but CVS is now offering "Travel" testing. We sail on Freedom 10/18. We were able to book our appointment 14 days out. This is for those that are having issues with finding test sites. This allows time to plan it out in advance. Went this morning at 10 AM. Took the Rapid test, not the PCR. Got our results back by 11 AM and it was no cost to us. (We do have insurance). Hopefully this is helpful to those with upcoming sailings in the US. 😊🛳💜

When I got tested today, the lady at CVS told me that they are changing the 14-day period for booking appointments for testing.  She said it's now just one day before the scheduled test.  The "no-shows" caused them to change their policy.

EDIT:  I tried making a mock booking on the CVS website.  The 14-day period is still on.

2 hours ago, PG Cruiser said:

When I got tested today, the lady at CVS told me that they are changing the 14-day period for booking appointments for testing.  She said it's now just one day before the scheduled test.  The "no-shows" caused them to change their policy.

I really hope this isn't true

I think some locations may opt not to. In other words, not sure if that's the policy of the particular CVS you went to, instead of all CVS.

That may be wishful thinking

49 minutes ago, Matt said:

I really hope this isn't true

I think some locations may opt not to. In other words, not sure if that's the policy of the particular CVS you went to, instead of all CVS.

That may be wishful thinking

I reached out to my local CVS, and they told me 14 days is still in effect but of course, things are still subject to change. He (Pharmacist) said look for your desired date and book. If you don't see your date, he said look daily..ie. Say if you are cruising on Monday, 11/1. You should have your test booked for Saturday, 10/30. It might only show dates up to 10/29. If that's the case, check back the next day and the system will add the next available date to book. I hope I explained that correctly lol. But according to him, he said look & book. 🤞 for those needing testing. 

5 hours ago, Mofrazier05 said:

I reached out to my local CVS, and they told me 14 days is still in effect but of course, things are still subject to change. He (Pharmacist) said look for your desired date and book. If you don't see your date, he said look daily..ie. Say if you are cruising on Monday, 11/1. You should have your test booked for Saturday, 10/30. It might only show dates up to 10/29. If that's the case, check back the next day and the system will add the next available date to book. I hope I explained that correctly lol. But according to him, he said look & book. 🤞 for those needing testing. 

I recommend people go through the CVS (or whatever website) to see how scheduling works.  Click EVERYTHING.  I found my local CVS will do antigen and PCR tests but only for SICK visits and you can’t schedule sick visits 2 weeks ahead of time (makes sense)  if I click on Travel on the CVS site I have many locations show up but when I attempt to book it shows “no appointments available”. Now imagine thinking “I’ve got this I can book easily”,  only to go into panic mode when finding out the 30 stores surrounding me don’t offer travel tests!  There is ONE CVS 45 minutes away that allows me to book a travel appointment 2weeks ahead.  So please, whoever is using any pharmacy, etc please understand WHEN appointments open, and do they meet your needs. 

27 minutes ago, Pattycruise said:

if I click on Travel on the CVS site I have many locations show up but when I attempt to book it shows “no appointments available”.

My local ones do the same. It seems they release the times at 2am about 2 days before for the rapid tests. Choosing travel doesn't make a difference in my options. 

9 hours ago, Mofrazier05 said:

Hi all. Not sure if you all know this but CVS is now offering "Travel" testing. We sail on Freedom 10/18. We were able to book our appointment 14 days out. This is for those that are having issues with finding test sites. This allows time to plan it out in advance. Went this morning at 10 AM. Took the Rapid test, not the PCR. Got our results back by 11 AM and it was no cost to us. (We do have insurance). Hopefully this is helpful to those with upcoming sailings in the US. 😊🛳💜

CVS is really good about getting the PCs tests done within two days if you go early enough on that first day. They said all their stuff to quest labs to be test! 

19 hours ago, Mofrazier05 said:

I was able to book CVS this morning for our 11/1 cruise. We were able to reserved 10/30 afternoon but many open slots earlier in day. 

1 hour ago, cruisellama said:

I may have missed this discussion, but does time of day have to be considered within the 48h test clock?    If your check-in is 1pm on a Sunday, and you're planning a Friday test, does the test need to happed at 1pm or later on Friday?  

Nope..it's just calendar days. Anytime Friday will work for a Sunday sailaway.