Cruise Planner Pricing

asilverman

I currently have three cruises booked. One in November (Oasis), December (Adventure) and January (Odyssey).

I noticed that each ship has three different looks to the Cruise Planner website. Also, all three currently has three different promos going on for the Ultimate Beverage Package. One has a 20% off, the other has 30% off and last one is running a 40% off sale (Adventure of the Seas). 

Any ideas why RC does this as a company? I wish all three of my cruises would run the 40%!!!

Royal is migrating to a new user experience - My Royal Cruises.

We are all in the migration as some ships and sail dates have been migrated while others have not.

As far as the beverage package - pricing varies with Royal.  Cruise length, time of year, how well it's selling and other factors impact pricing.  

The good news is that if you buy it at a price you like and it later goes on sale, you can refund it and buy it again at the lower price.

We sail mostly with Royal. But have sailed 3 other lines about 6-7 times each. It is our humble opinion that Royal has the least favorable website.  As far as the different % off the drink packages etc.. I believe the more it sells per ship the less the discount if at all.  We had a Mariner 3 night few years back and the drink pkg was showing $75 pp.  W e figured we would most certainly get it for less on board.  We lived and learned it was $81 pp.  OH well.

2 hours ago, Doak said:

We sail mostly with Royal. But have sailed 3 other lines about 6-7 times each. It is our humble opinion that Royal has the least favorable website.  As far as the different % off the drink packages etc.. I believe the more it sells per ship the less the discount if at all.  We had a Mariner 3 night few years back and the drink pkg was showing $75 pp.  W e figured we would most certainly get it for less on board.  We lived and learned it was $81 pp.  OH well.

Those 3 night cruises are always high because people really hit the package hard for 3 days. It’s harder to maintain that level of drinking over say a 7 night cruise. 

10 hours ago, Jill said:

Those 3 night cruises are always high because people really hit the package hard for 3 days. It’s harder to maintain that level of drinking over say a 7 night cruise. 

Agreed and there were numerous groups sailing together groups of 8-15 everywhere.  Almost like they were on for free like a bonus from work.

18 hours ago, asilverman said:

I currently have three cruises booked. One in November (Oasis), December (Adventure) and January (Odyssey).

I noticed that each ship has three different looks to the Cruise Planner website. Also, all three currently has three different promos going on for the Ultimate Beverage Package. One has a 20% off, the other has 30% off and last one is running a 40% off sale (Adventure of the Seas). 

Any ideas why RC does this as a company? I wish all three of my cruises would run the 40%!!!

If you are a person who generally uses the UBP to the fullest then I would suggest you buy the packages.  I have 5 cruises booked so far starting with Symphony on October 30th.  Both my husband and I take full advantage of the UBP and we booked our UBP package this past spring for our October 7 night cruise, the total price for 2 people including taxes was over $1,200 dollars.  Royal is currently running a special promotion so I call Royal to see what specials they were offering on the UBP for my October cruise and the representative quoted me a price of $969 dollars for 2 people including all taxes. I had them cancel my original UBP and refund that money back to my card and rebooked the UBP at the new lower price.  We made the mistake one and one time only of buying the UBP onboard and never again will we ever do that. If you see a good deal or think it is a good deal book it and should Royal offer something better pick up the phone and call them to get the better rate.

The UBP is no different than your cruise fare if you find a lower rate for you cruise you call your TA or Royal and get the lower rate, the same applies to the UBP.