🇨🇦Mixed Vaccines - soon to be accepted by Royal?

So the CDC now recognizes those who have had mixed vaccines as fully vaccinated for the new travel requirements beginning in November. I wonder how long it will take royal Caribbean to modify its vaccine policy to match the CDC recommendation!   This is such good news for us!  🇨🇦💉There are a fair number of us up here who got Astra Zeneca & Moderna (or Pfizer)!!   So happy today 😁

Quote from CDC site:

Interpretation of vaccine records: CDC has not recommended the use of heterologous (i.e., mix-and-match) primary series. However, the use of such strategies (including mixing of mRNA, adenoviral, and mRNA plus adenoviral products) is increasingly common in many countries outside of the United States. Therefore, for the purposes of interpretation of vaccination records, individuals can be considered fully vaccinated ≥2 weeks after receipt of the last dose if they have received any single dose of an FDA approved/authorized or WHO EUL approved single-dose series (i.e., Janssen), or any combination of two doses of an FDA approved/authorized or WHO emergency use listed COVID-19 two-dose series.  The recommended interval between the first and second doses of FDA-approved/authorized and WHO-EUL listed vaccines varies by vaccine type. However, for purposes of interpretation of vaccine records, the second dose in a two dose heterologous series must have been received no earlier than 17 days (21 days with a 4 day grace period) after the first dose.

4 hours ago, Rene Desmarais said:

81 days for me, now if we can squeeze my 11yrs to get his vaccinations before the cruise that would be awesome

Omgosh.   It’ll be close for you - but completely doable!  

I’ve got my fingers crossed to get my 11 year old one shot before we go - but it’ll be limited shore time for him this cruise.  #FirstWorldProblem 🤣🤣

5 hours ago, Rene Desmarais said:

81 days for me, now if we can squeeze my 11yrs to get his vaccinations before the cruise that would be awesome

I have faith thats enough time for them to be vaccinated!

We are leaving our 6 year old home for our nov sailing. Just not the right time and the unvaxxed rules for returning to Canada are a killer!

4 hours ago, Rene Desmarais said:

listened to CBC news this morning, vaccinating kids won't happen till the new Year.   Well that's the plan they said.   We'll see

Hopefully it's an "under-promise and over-deliver" situation.   It would be nice to get them going before they go back to school in January.  Nonetheless - it's huge progress.