Royal Up Pending

Djh

I put in a bid weeks ago for a cruise the departs on October 24th. When I login to look at the bid, it says pending but there is no option to modify it or cancel it. Does anyone know what this means? My friends can still login and put in bids for the same cruise, they are in a balcony and we are in a GS. 

1 hour ago, Djh said:

I put in a bid weeks ago for a cruise the departs on October 24th. When I login to look at the bid, it says pending but there is no option to modify it or cancel it. Does anyone know what this means? My friends can still login and put in bids for the same cruise, they are in a balcony and we are in a GS. 

Still seems way too early. Most of the many I’ve won change status and CC charged roughly 2-4 days before departure. 

16 hours ago, tonyfsu21 said:

Still seems way too early. Most of the many I’ve won change status and CC charged roughly 2-4 days before departure. 

I'm hoping it's the same for us. We are currently at the 2 Day mark. We sail Monday on Freedom and all bids show pending. I was hoping to know something today. Really want to surprise Hubby for our anniversary. Send good vibes our way please! 😅 Manifesting. 🛳🛳🛳🛳

3 minutes ago, BrianB said:

I put in a bid for my cruise on Oct 17 (yesterday)…I boarded, unpacked, had dinner and was waiting for the show to start in the theater when I received the email telling me my bid was unsuccessful. Good to know!🥴

same thing happened to me on Odyssey last week.  it was about 9:00 pm that I got the unsuccessful email 🙂

Someone in our traveling party had the same thing happen. They placed a royal up offer on about 4 different rooms, the same day we did the same for the room we were in. Sept 17th we placed bids for our 10/10 sailing out of Bayonne, NJ on the Oasis. On approx Sept 30th I checked our room offers and they were still all pending. For the people we were traveling with, they had only one pending and the rest expired. They were unable to modify any offers at that point. We just thought the other offers were rejected and was holding out hope for the one that was left but still couldn't figure out why we couldn't modify the offer. I could modify all of my offers but none had shown expired. So ... fast forward a bit... Oct 7th (3 days before departure) his room number changed on our reservation on the SeaPass. They got an upgrade from Junior Suite to Owner's Suite (the one that was left pending). I read others post a similar experience on different blogs. So maybe you got it! Otherwise you should have the option to cancel it (as mine said, you can modify or cancel it up to 3 hours prior to departure). Also his credit card wasn't charged until the 3 day mark.  Here's hoping for you! On the other hand we didn't get ours but it was long after we were on the ship that we got the email about the unsuccessful bids. Hope the info helps.

• 4 months later...
On 3/2/2022 at 1:51 AM, Royalfan22 said:

Kinda weird my royalup showed expired at first and I could not bid for the other which was pending. Then I checked today (sailing tomorrow) - "pending" room became "upgrade unavailable". "expired" became "pending" and I could update my bid.

Exactly the same thing happened with our 4 bids yesterday 

• 1 month later...

I put in a royalup for the first time  and received the "Pending"  response 4 days ago. This was 20 days before my cruise.  Yesterday I received my notice that my Owners suite bid was accepted.  I believe that this was because this cruise is only 50% booked. Someone else received the Royal Suite.  It will be my wife's 60th birthday and I really wanted to surprise her with the room.  Can't look at it as a loss though because we won the bid for an owners suite and picked it up for far less than the advertised 30% discount sale! 

Your results may vary!

Good Morning

My next cruise isn't until August.  I just paid the final payment, and wanted to bid on a higher class cabin (I have a balcony now).  I logged into the website where you are supposed to bid, but when I do, a message tells me something about "within 30 days"  Do I have to wait within the 30 days of my cruise in order to be able to bid?

I am new at this...any tips?  

Thank you! 

5 hours ago, loving2cruise said:

Good Morning

My next cruise isn't until August.  I just paid the final payment, and wanted to bid on a higher class cabin (I have a balcony now).  I logged into the website where you are supposed to bid, but when I do, a message tells me something about "within 30 days"  Do I have to wait within the 30 days of my cruise in order to be able to bid?

Thank you! 

Officially,  you're supposed to be within 30 days of sailing. 

Based on my experience,  sometimes they will accept your bud early, but won't do anything with it until a week or so before the cruise 

5 hours ago, loving2cruise said:

Good Morning

Thank you! 

My take on this and my response is from reading so many of this type of question and responses:
You most likely will receive the initial Royal Up email earlier than 30 days out…all depending on the ship and availability of rooms.  No matter how early you get that email…bids typically are not accepted until very close to cruise date, maybe even once you board!  Now that most cruises are sailing much closer to full capacity the chances for an accepted bid very likely have changed.  Which means finding out a week to 10 days before is not going to be the norm any longer.  Again everything is dependent on ship…date of sailing…and how close to capacity that sailing is booked.

9 hours ago, loving2cruise said:

Good Morning

Thank you! 

I know a few of the other poster replied. But forgot to mention that not everyone will qualify for a RoyalUp. Some people will continue to get that message and be within the 30-day time frame. RoyalUp is a third-party service, and their selection criteria is unknown. Prior to capacity increasing, I have been able to bid in Oct for a Jan cruise, which was more than 60 days. I honestly doubt much will be available for an Aug cruise because the summer seems to be selling pretty well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello just curious… This is my first time bidding on Royalup and had a question. Has anyone ever experienced that when you make a bid it says pending it’s been like that for weeks now I’m only 10days away from my cruise and the status changed from pending to SUBMITTED. Is that a good sign bad sign? 

7 hours ago, Juanito said:

Hello just curious… This is my first time bidding on Royalup and had a question. Has anyone ever experienced that when you make a bid it says pending it’s been like that for weeks now I’m only 10days away from my cruise and the status changed from pending to SUBMITTED. Is that a good sign bad sign? 

apparently Royal has changed their wording for ALL bidders from pending to submitted.  If your bid is no longer in consideration it would show as "expired" (at least that is how it was a few weeks ago.  Royal can contact you, up through and including boarding day, to let you know if you won your bid.  It makes sense since there are people who cancel last minute.

• 8 months later...

Was originally booked in Balcony for Liberty of the seas, 9 nights. Sailing in one month away...put in bid for Grand Suite $740/pp (total $1500). Noticed this morning that status was "pending", and my other bids (Junior suite/royal suite etc...) all showed "Expired". About 30 mins later I received the congratulations email that bid was accepted, so it looks as though I'll be staying in grand suite!

Too bad, you don't receive double the C & A points, especially since the Liberty doesnt even include free internet in GS and above 😞 

On 10/15/2021 at 4:53 PM, tonyfsu21 said:

I just recently won my bid 34 days out.  My first indication that I'd won was my credit card being billed that day.  Email came about an hour later.  It was a happy moment of confusion.  "Why the $%#& is Royal charging me?"  Then, "Oooooooh :-)"

1 hour ago, mk-ultra said:

I just recently won my bid 34 days out.  My first indication that I'd won was my credit card being billed that day.  Email came about an hour later.  It was a happy moment of confusion.  "Why the $%#& is Royal charging me?"  Then, "Oooooooh :-)"

Just curious did you big the minimum or top, somewhere in-between?

Again just curious because I want to bid on a junior suite and Grand suite on our Liberty cruise on October. 

The offer to participate isn't till after final payment right? I "won" a balcony on Oasis last August but can't remember the process in it's entirety. Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Ampurp85 said:

@RCIfan1912 RUB can come at anytime depending on how that itinerary is selling. But also keep in mind not all rooms will qualify for a RUB.

Yeah I'm kinda worried about that also. We are in a GTY balcony. I'm hoping they want to make room for cheap cabins like that an offer us "Royal UP". It's true we might not even get the chance. Thanks for the info. 

2 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Yeah I'm kinda worried about that also. We are in a GTY balcony. I'm hoping they want to make room for cheap cabins like that an offer us "Royal UP". It's true we might not even get the chance. Thanks for the info. 

Don’t lose hope. Last RUP I won was two days before sailing. It can come in at anytime. 

5 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Just curious did you big the minimum or top, somewhere in-between?

Again just curious because I want to bid on a junior suite and Grand suite on our Liberty cruise on October. 

The offer to participate isn't till after final payment right? I "won" a balcony on Oasis last August but can't remember the process in it's entirety. Thanks. 

Did just one step up from minimum on the bidding slider thingy.  eBay strategy.  😛  It wasn't a big bump above minimum.  Feels like being a "The Price is Right" contestant.

21 minutes ago, mk-ultra said:

Did just one step up from minimum on the bidding slider thingy.  eBay strategy.  😛  It wasn't a big bump above minimum.  Feels like being a "The Price is Right" contestant.

Ok good strategy. I will bid a bit over the minimum. My wife just got a new job with a nice raise so we can afford a bit more now. I really, really want at least a Junior suite. 9 days with 2 kids we could use the extra room and bathroom/full bathtub. Thanks for the info. 

On 4/28/2022 at 5:42 PM, BigKarl said:

Trying to delete the quotes. I'm not smart. Just got off airplane. All night pills in me 🙂 I'll try again tomorrow

On 4/5/2023 at 11:15 AM, SeasAdventure said:

Edited by anneglubis
I mean to delete this. Dunno how.

On 4/8/2023 at 8:20 PM, anneglubis said:

What are these discount sales I hear of?

It is not a sale per se.  It is a bid to upgrade from lets say a balcony room to a Junior Suite. please follow the link for Royals description of a Royal Up. 

PLEASE NOTE!  Your bid does not state it clearly enough but your bid is a per person price so if you bid $750 it will be $1500 charged for 2 people.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/booked/cruise-room-upgrade