#TeamCK Question

Baked Alaska

Okay, question for all you suite snobs (affectionately, of course!): We will be on Oasis OTS in a CL for NYE. Does Coastal Kitchen do anything different for the NYE dinner? Trying to figure out if we should eat there for NYE or head to Giovanni's for their Holiday Dinner. Paging @Lovetocruise2002 and @WAAAYTOOO!

Edited by Baked Alaska
spelling police

19 minutes ago, Baked Alaska said:

Okay, question for all you suite snobs (affectionatly, of course!): We will be on Oasis OTS in a CL for NYE. Does Coastal Kitchen do anything different for the NYE dinner? Trying to figure out if we should eat there for NYE or head to Giovanni's for their Holiday Dinner. Paging @Lovetocruise2002 and @WAAAYTOOO!

Not sure.  I've only ever taken one NYE cruise and it was on Indy.  But the MDR did do a special dinner that night so maybe CK will too....

@spiralqueen I dined on the Harmony at #CK Thanksgiving 2019. I don't remember anything special, I know they were serving a Turkey dinner with stuffing down in the Main Dining room and I believe you could ask for them to get it for you but we just went ahead and enjoyed the #CK menu, the room was electric with happy people and those windows, WOW! It was an amazing reflective evening, realizing how blessed and thankful we were to be there, the staff was so warm also. 

If I recall there was one extended family who dined in the MDR that evening and then came up to #CK for round 2!

On 10/15/2021 at 4:55 PM, Baked Alaska said:

Okay, question for all you suite snobs (affectionately, of course!): We will be on Oasis OTS in a CL for NYE. Does Coastal Kitchen do anything different for the NYE dinner? Trying to figure out if we should eat there for NYE or head to Giovanni's for their Holiday Dinner. Paging @Lovetocruise2002 and @WAAAYTOOO!

I’m boarding Oasis at noon today…also in a CL. I’ll ask about special dinners in the CK for holidays…especially New Years and Thanksgiving. I’ll post later.

On 10/15/2021 at 4:55 PM, Baked Alaska said:

According to Saruj, the manager of the CK on the Oasis, there are no plans to have a special dinner menu in the CK for New Years Eve and the hours will remain the same. As far as Thanksgiving is concerned…when the main dining rooms serve turkey…the CK will also serve turkey. But, as even he says, things can change between now and then…especially during this time of re-start and recovery. Sorry for the delay.

We have our family cruise almost every Xmas and sometimes NYE.  CK doesn’t have a special menu for holidays, but we always eat there for Xmas. We’ve had the good fortune of tailoring our own very special Star Class menu for the holiday; requested in advance, of course.
Hubs and the guys order @Lovetocruise2002 favorite filet(s)😘 and lobster tails.  Daughter, baby, and I don’t  love the filet and usually order lamb chops.  They always order seafood tower(rip😜) or jumbo shrimp cocktail.  We also celebrate hubs December birthday at the holiday dinner—and they’ve made it very special indeed!    

I just dropped by Allure's Coastal Kitchen and talked to the CK manager.

They do offer a unique menu for both Thanksgiving and NYE.  They will have the standard menu on the left and a special menu on the right.  

Having said that, I don't know what he considers a "special" menu.  The same CK entrees in a different combination or something unique?  I'm not sure.