Captains

D Alt

Geese I wish I could remember their names, One on the Freedom rode a bicycle on the promenade.  The other I believe was on Oasis came into Dazzles and sang like 4 songs with the band he blew everyone away he was excellent!

I have always said that amongst the crew there is a lot of talent.  One server in the MDR sang a Bruno Mars song at dinner and was incredible as well.

1 hour ago, twangster said:

There was another in the group but she retired if I recall correctly.  Captain Kate is it at the moment but I'm not in the loop for Celebrity or SilverSea.  

I just want to know how she finds the time to be so active on social media.  It's nonstop.  

Now she’s the new captain of Beyond! 

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/26038-captain-kate-mccue-to-take-helm-of-celebrity-beyond.html?fbclid=IwAR0OkPFzlCAEDS0DTKD5hjLhAT-ICUkcoc71mzWaAWHEkKmpCQCEp9W8DGI

9 minutes ago, Jill said:

That was all but assumed. 

Typically the Captain joins the ship well ahead of handover and works hand in hand with the shipyard.  I wonder if that means no more Edge.  

3 minutes ago, D Alt said:

who is your fave captain(s) @twangster?

Don't really have one.  Same with the CD position.

While I greatly appreciate both roles I don't hold any up on a podium as better than another.   There are a few that have less social skills but are still great mariners and masters.  I'd rather sail with a great mariner than a social media celebrity every day.  A handful are great at both including Captain Kate but it's the great mariner side that will always impress me more than being a social media star.  

1 hour ago, JohnK6404 said:

My wife and MIL would vote for Captain Henrik Loy... LOL!

He was the Captain of Explorer when we sailed on her back in 2013, but I believe he is Captain of Ovation right now. I personally do not have a favorite yet.

I know my mom loves Capt. Henrik from one of our Explorer cruises back in the same time frame.

To be the Master in this kind of industry, you have to be a serious, step-plus-above seafarer, so I put them all equal in my trust to get the job done safely. Personally, I enjoy those that provide daily updates with useful information, fun anecdotes and a sense of humor. Capt. Felix Ban has always impressed in that regard for me.

On 10/14/2021 at 12:27 PM, D Alt said:

Who are your favorite Captains and why?  What ship did they command? 

Watching a video talking about Captain Kate from Celebrity and this got me thinking about others.  Here is her profile on FB: Captain Kate

Story about her: Cruise Industry News

her cat's insta: Kate's Cat

How many female captains does RC have? 

Operate a boat????

Captain Kate McCue should be promoted to CEO of RCL. Captain Kate would be the breath of fresh air that would change Royal Caribbean and it's subsidiaries for the better and give them a long overdue solid, unified direction moving forward.