'Hail Mary': Royal Up style?

Hey guys! I know there are multiple threads out there on Royal Up. This question specifically goes out to anyone who has sailed (or will be sailing) on Oasis of the Seas, primarily to appease my two cabin-mates, who were "JUST SURE" we were going to win 😞 . We sail this Sunday and haven't heard a word, plus all 3 offers are still pending and can be modified. That coupled with the cabin categories I bid on having all disappeared from inventory, I'm assuming we didn't win. Two questions to the group - has anyone both bid on and won an upgrade on the 10/17 sailing? Or if you've sailed on Oasis since lockdown, how far in advance did you hear ahead of departure? I understand that it's a crap shoot to win an upgrade but would prefer to set expectations accordingly for my daughters so appreciate your experience. 

I personally have had bids "pending" until 1900hrs the evening before embarkation. I have read on this site just recently someone had a pending and found out it had expired while on the ship at dinner. This is to generate more revenue so I believe the bids are pending as long as they possibly can just in case someone cancels (CWC allows last minute) or some other hurdle that allows a cabin once occupied to be empty. Then they can possibly Royal Up a whole line of people sailing willing to pay a bit more, ship is sailing anyway so why not? I think you should be thinking positive here as the bids are not "expired" yet. Be positive and good luck! I have NEVER WON but I never assume anything concerning the Royal Up game! (My personal experience)

Sailing on Oasis of the Seas in November, I have 4 RU bids and only 2 cabins were not booked yet. I bid anyway, just in case they became available. I have a cabin I love but a Star Class cabin has always been a dream, so why not?

3 hours ago, DanielB said:

I sail Oasis this Sunday and got my upgrade email  at 11:50a this morning.  I see others on FB have posted that they have received theirs as well.  I am no expert at all just sharing.

Thank you so much DanielB! I had assumed as much - hope you got the cabin you wanted! 🙂 🚢🥳 See you on board soon! 🙂

I think they are geniuses with their royalup. Recently we got our royal up right before we sailed. The wife and I got a GS instead of a JS and since then we've booked more cruises but I don't want to deal with all the suspense so now our minimum class has been pushed up. If I was in charge I's create a formula that gave preference to pushing people beyond their normal comfort zone because it's hard to regress, perhaps they already have. All I know is I fell for it, just paid retail for an OS in March because we have an OS in January and I know very well that we won't want to revert back to a GS. A few years ago we were content with a window now look at the monsters they've created.

2 hours ago, Temeculaguy said:

I think they are geniuses with their royalup. Recently we got our royal up right before we sailed. The wife and I got a GS instead of a JS and since then we've booked more cruises but I don't want to deal with all the suspense so now our minimum class has been pushed up. If I was in charge I's create a formula that gave preference to pushing people beyond their normal comfort zone because it's hard to regress, perhaps they already have. All I know is I fell for it, just paid retail for an OS in March because we have an OS in January and I know very well that we won't want to revert back to a GS. A few years ago we were content with a window now look at the monsters they've created.

I fear same.

17 hours ago, DanielB said:

I sail Oasis this Sunday and got my upgrade email  at 11:50a this morning.  I see others on FB have posted that they have received theirs as well.  I am no expert at all just sharing.

I'm hoping the same with us. We are on Freedom this Monday and still showing pending as well. Im keeping the faith, staying positive and honestly, manifesting it. This is our 19th anniversary and I really wanted to surprise my hubby! Thanks for this! 😊

6 hours ago, Temeculaguy said:

This is their strategy exactly !  I'm sure they're delighted to know that it's working.  Welcome to Suites Anonymous

11 hours ago, Temeculaguy said:

Similar boat - we've already booked a Junior Suite on Allure for next year based on how much we enjoyed our "Royal Up" to one.