New Dining Options

GKMCruising

Seeing as Royal is always adding new venues, I'm curious what others might want to see as a new specialty option in the future. I'm thrilled that they've added Hooked, as I absolutely adore fresh seafood, and I'd like the southern comfort restaurant idea they pitched in the recent survey.

I'd also love to see them take a page from Virgin and do a Korean BBQ restaurant - Izumi is already a big draw, so I'd imagine a K-BBQ place would be similarly popular.

I'd like to see a high quality Brazilian Rodizio.  We live to eat and it's quite possible that we have been known to plan vacations and cruises around restaurant reservations lol.  That said, we often turn regular a la carte meals into family style meals where we all try each other's dishes so I would really love to see a Spanish Tapas experience.   Also Love the OP's idea of Korean BBQ.

Lastly but likely less practical, a dessert venue would great along the lines of Italian and French pastries, espresso, capacinno, and after dinner drinks.  

Getting hungry writing this.

1 hour ago, JSB_Z51 said:

I'd like to see a high quality Brazilian Rodizio.  We live to eat and it's quite possible that we have been known to plan vacations and cruises around restaurant reservations lol.  That said, we often turn regular a la carte meals into family style meals where we all try each other's dishes so I would really love to see a Spanish Tapas experience.   Also Love the OP's idea of Korean BBQ.

Lastly but likely less practical, a dessert venue would great along the lines of Italian and French pastries, espresso, capacinno, and after dinner drinks.  

Getting hungry writing this.

Ooh, yeah, a tapas place would be fantastic. I was also sad when I realized that they took out the noodle restaurant on Ovation and switched it for a fish and chip shop when they moved it to Alaska.

I'd love to see the hot pot concept that they have in the Asian market make it over to the US, but alas. 

I think Carnival tried a tandoori station on their ships on the lido deck, but I don't see that the concept was repeated in future builds. The US doesn't appear to embrace Indian cuisine which is a shame.  At least when you request it on the ships they seem to be very eager and excited to share their cuisine with you!

I would like to see the nightly pie and curry options that are standard on ships sailing from the UK rolled out to other ships as well. I am looking forward to trying some of these when we sail on Anthem next year.

That said, our waiter on Harmony asked if any of us liked curry and when I said I did he told me that they always had a curry option even though it wasn't on the menu. I did ask for that on a night I found the menu to be underwhelming.