Samba Anyone?

Dmspacca

When Samba first opened it was a great experience.  They really made the venue nice with table and chair covers and there were Brazilian-style "Carnivale" entertainers.  But by the time we ate there a second time, a number of years later, they had dropped all of the live entertainment and covering the chairs and tables.  BORING.  The food is what it is....if you're a carnivore, it's a treat.  LOTS of meat.  As with all such restaurants, they bring the cheaper cuts early so that you fill up on those and save the good stuff (picanha) until the end.  If you are thinking of doing the Samba Grill, I would recommend asking for the picanha up front unless you just want to sample all of the other cuts.

I don't see us going back to Samba even if we have the UDP or are Star Class.  I am not much of a meat-eater to start with and the experience just isn't what it once was. PS...I say the same thing about 150 Central Park.

First time we went, we had no idea what to expect. They had an amazing salad bar, with a huge variety of items to choose from. That is where we went really wrong, loading up and enjoying the offerings. Then the various meat options started to arrive, and despite us pleading with them to cut us small portions, they loaded up. it was nice with the various types of meat, but we were, as per the old cruise description, "over feed and nearly dead", LOL Oh, I forgot, the signature cocktails were a treat, and do not ask me about dessert, as we were down for the count by then.

20 hours ago, twangster said:

Doh.  I was thinking Sabor.  

Samba for me had a lot of salt in the meat.  

Yes..that was the predominant flavor of all the meats. They all tasted the same -- salty.

I was excited to try it since I am a meat-o-phile but it was pretty meh and a once and done for me.

45 minutes ago, barjpoe said:

We'll be on Allure in a month, and going to try it. Yeah, I can see your point about the salad bar. Take a little, and would like small portions of meat. HaHa! 😜

That's been my experience the one or two times I've been to a Brazilian steakhouse. They try to fill you up on salad and the "cheap" cuts before they start bringing the good stuff out.

I wanted to try Samba when I am on Allure in 2 weeks but mostly everyone says, it isn't worth it. They try to fill you up on the "garbage" meats and by the time the good ones come, you are full. Based on the menu, I wouldn't eat half of the meats, so I would have liked double of others. But I heard it is only one portion of each meat. We have a couple of Brazilian steakhouses in Chicago. It is the opposite here, they try to fill you up on meat but the sides are hard to come by.