the KEY

Like @D Alt, I purchased The Key for its Voom and for its boarding priorities and because I thought the Chops Grill meal (lunch) might be fun.  With the conversion of the CG lunch to a 25% reduction in specialty dining onboard and the no-fee room service, I'm still happy.  However, the price I paid was $1/day less (at the time) than the price of the Voom-1 Device, so the price was perfect for me -- but I'm sailing solo, too.

Ordinarily, this is one of those moments that someone would post a video or previous posts because this question has been asked quite frequently.

However...the Key during this weird pandemic-y time looks different than before the pandemic. And it was just recently brought back into service. I'd be interested to find out how it is now.

FWIW, we did get it for our August 2022 cruise on Oasis. But our purchase price was literally just another $5 more per person/per day (about an extra $100 total) than just getting the internet streaming package so we felt it was worth it.

I've seen the Key range in price from $19.99 a day to $34.99 a day. It was worth it to me to try it at $19.99, but since you have to buy it for everyone in the cabin, unless both are heavy VOOM surf and stream users, personally, I am not really into it. I think if they make it more like the Faster to the Fun product Carnival offers, it might have more merit, but RC would have to limit how many they sell.

I believe they do limit the amount of The Key's they sell. This was the case before Covid and I am sure it will be the case when it actually ramps back up.

It is $22.99 on my sailing in Jan but based on my speculation of protocols, I am probably going to cancel it. It won't be worth it as a solo traveler, with reduced capacity.