Alaskan Cruise

nrgMike

Hello.

Thinking about going on an Alaskan cruise next year. My question is can you still enjoy outdoor ship activities like water slides and pool on Alaska cruises? I’m from midwest so I know cold weather but can you still enjoy pool and outdoor activities like that on ships? What’s your take on Alaskan cruises?

3 minutes ago, nrgMike said:

Hello.

Thinking about going on an Alaskan cruise next year. My question is can you still enjoy outdoor ship activities like water slides and pool on Alaska cruises? I’m from midwest so I know cold weather but can you still enjoy pool and outdoor activities like that on ships? What’s your take on Alaskan cruises?

We occasionally use pools in Alaska when there's a nice day and there's not a lot of breeze on the deck.  I don't believe that any of the ships that Royal sends to Alaska have water slides.

11 minutes ago, nrgMike said:

Hello.

Assuming that they're open, yes, you definitely can enjoy them. However, the seas were too choppy and it was too windy for them to have the outdoor pools open on several of the days during our Alaskan cruise last month. That said, Ovation does have an indoor pool, and I believe Quantum does as well.

12 minutes ago, nrgMike said:

Hello.

We went on Ovation to Alaska on Sept 24 sailing so it was quite late in season and quite cold (this coming from a Canadian) but Ovation has 2 solarium pools to enjoy no matter what the weather. The flow rider was also in operation most days with plenty of participants despite the temperature.