European cruises

Belinda A M

Thank you. We are booked on the Independence for next August. We have been on this ship before but I didn't know about this website then. I will check it regularly.  

Awesome! Indy is a great ship... I sailed her in the Caribbean last February, but would love to sail again over in Europe. :) 

Welcome Belinda!

I'm actually sailing on Indy in 56 days (not that I'm counting).  I'll be sure to sare my experiences here, as well as on Facebook and Perscope.  If there are any specifics that you want to know, there are plenty of pros on this board, and I'll be glad to investigate while on board if we can't find the answer here.

One thing I have noticed, having taken both Caribbean cruises and European cruises:  A Caribbean cruise is a "Do Things" type of cruise, and an European cruise is a "See Things" type of cruise.  If you are interested in seeing castles, palaces and history you will be in your glory.  If you want to Scuba, Snorkel or just lounge on a beach, it is not for you.

Bob, we just did our first European cruise over the summer and I definitely agree. We spent a ton of time walking and looking and walking and looking, options for snorkeling, scuba, etc. were definitely few and far between. That was our expectation though so by no means disappointed or complaining but I was in dire need of a few days of rest when we got back !!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was on Indy last week!  I love that ship.

Check your booking re drinks package as it depends when you book/what offer if you get drinks included.  I got a quote on the ship for next year and it didn't include a drinks package

European cruises booked in the UK are all including the Deluxe drink package as a norm.  I guess its because the Brits would rather go to an all-inclusive resort in the Canary Islands or Spanish Costas than on a cruise.  They want their alcohol included in the price.  If booked from the US, I do not think they include the drink package.

I'm from the UK and never have a drinks package included in my booking!

I'd check with my TA about that.  Every cruise from UK to Europe of 7 days or more are listing free Deluxe drink package.  This is something that seems to have just started this summer.  The TransAtlantic cruises are not listing it, nor the 3/4 day quick trips from Southampton.