Multiple Device Zoom Internet Question

10 minutes ago, RoHoCruise said:

If we have friends in another room sailing with us, is it theoretically possible to buy 1 - 4 Device Zoom package and us all share it?  

If there are only 4 of you altogether or only 4 devices will be used, this will work fine.  But if there are more than 4 people or more than 4 devices will be used, it can get awkward.   We did this on one sailing before, 4 families sharing a 4 device VOOM package, supposedly 1 device per family.  But some of us got kicked out of VOOM repeatedly because the children in the families were logging in and out with their devices.

2 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

If there are only 4 of you altogether or only 4 devices will be used, this will work fine.  But if there are more than 4 people or more than 4 devices will be used, it can get awkward.   We did this on one sailing before, 4 families sharing a 4 device VOOM package, supposedly 1 device per family.  But some of us got kicked out of VOOM repeatedly because the children in the families were logging in and out with their devices.

ok, I assumed it would be like that this way too, but each adult will have their own login, so shouldn't that big of an issue.   If I log off one of my devices to log into another then it should work out fine, but If I were to not log off and try to log into another device, it would just kick off someone at random (or the one logged in the longest maybe)?

2 hours ago, RoHoCruise said:

Is it based on the one folio that bought it maybe?  so I could share that with the 4 device users and be good to go?

Yes, the person who purchases the package is the "owner of the code".....and you can share that code-you will make a username and password and it is the same for ALL of the devices anyone logs into.  
Only 4 devices can be logged on at any time....if someone logs into a 5th device, and there are no "openings" because 4 people are already logged in  it will log off the person who was on the internet the longest (call them person #1)-note it does give a warning to the effect "by logging in you will be logging someone else off, do you want to proceed".
In theory, if you log off your device as user # 1-4, then you should then be able to log into your other device without logging anyone else off.